Financial Reporting Manager
The Finance Reporting Manager is an intermediate level position responsible for providing full leadership and direction to a team of employees in an effort to provide regulatory analysis and reporting in coordination with the Finance team. The Finance Reporting Manager leads the team in accounting activities such as the closing of books and sub-ledgers, adjustment entries and consolidating financials at the end of each period. The overall objective is to lead a Finance operational team through delegation and supervision to ensure they perform monthly activities on time and follow specified guidelines as well as contribute to the development of new techniques, models and plans within the area of expertise.
- Support the analysis and submission of reports to various constituencies (local regulators, SEC, Fed, OCC, etc.) based on requirements such as US GAAP, US Regulatory, and local statutory reporting
- Oversee closing the books and sub-ledgers, including passing appropriate required adjustment entries and consolidating financials at the end of each accounting period
- Review monthly database updates for various systems and platforms and validate data source feeds with end-user
- Ensure all accruals and adjustments are accurately calculated and posted within established timelines
- Monitor changes/progress and keep senior leadership informed of unusual financial details
- Maintain internal controls by ensuring control checks are built in all the files and check them thoroughly during process reviews
- Assist the team in identifying and implementing process improvement initiatives or standardization ideas that will increase productivity and efficiency, reduce cycle of processing time, and reduce error rates
- Oversee all accounts, legers, and reporting systems insuring compliance with appropriate financial standards and regulatory requirements
- Work with the Assistant Vice President to set goals, track performance, and other upskilling requirements of the team as well as develop and capture Key Performance Indicators (KPI) of the team
- Adhere to regional and global procedures and rules
Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 5-8 years of experience in Accounting Management with Commensurate People Management experience required
- Chartered Accountant (CA) / Master in Business Administration (MBA) / Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or equivalent combination of education required
- Working knowledge of related financial regulations
- Self-motivated and detail oriented
Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
Bachelors Degree/University degree or equivalent experience
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - HU
Time Type :
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.