Front Office In-Business Risk Management (IBR) for Equities and Securities Services - AVP
London, United Kingdom
The Structurer is a seasoned professional role. Applies in-depth disciplinary knowledge, contributing to the development of new techniques and the improvement of processes and work-flow for the area or function. Integrates subject matter and industry expertise within a defined area. Requires in-depth understanding of how areas collectively integrate within the sub-function as well as coordinate and contribute to the objectives of the function and overall business. Evaluates moderately complex and variable issues with substantial potential impact, where development of an approach/taking of an action involves weighing various alternatives and balancing potentially conflicting situations using multiple sources of information. Requires good analytical skills in order to filter, prioritize and validate potentially complex and dynamic material from multiple sources. Strong communication and diplomacy skills are required. Regularly assumes informal/formal leadership role within teams. Involved in coaching and training of new recruits. Significant impact in terms of project size, geography, etc. by influencing decisions through advice, counsel and/or facilitating services to others in area of specialization. Work and performance of all teams in the area are directly affected by the performance of the individual.
Develop the standards for ESS risk governance including stress testing methodologies, reporting, margin protocols and technology for the management of counterparty credit risk
Provide support to the various ESS businesses on risk-related activities
- Actively liaise and coordinate with businesses on new product identification, limits, stress testing, etc. Take responsibility for the coordination with business partners and ensure the requested deliverables are promptly managed
- Monitor client portfolios to ensure that risks are controlled and that we have a view on the totality of counterparty risk activities across ESS
- Develop and utilize tools for the management, measurement and monitoring of risk and exposure
- Put together presentations and documents for internal and external use on various topics
- Work in close partnership with second line functions, particularly Independent Risk, as well as the constituents focused on DSFT stress testing and DSFT governance across Markets and Securities Services
- Assist with special projects including business and portfolio updates, regulatory deliverables, etc.
- Be familiar with and adhere to Citis Code of Conduct and the Plan of Supervision for Global Markets and Securities Services
- Strong analytical skills with good attention to detail and a demonstrated aptitude for tackling analytical issues through quantitative modelling and assimilation of data into a working product
- 2-4 years structuring and/or credit risk management experience, preferred
- Demonstrated quantitative and analytical skills
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as with multiple functional groups in a cohesive manner
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize initiatives
- Able to voice opinion and engage in dialogues with broader ESS product / business heads
- Solid understanding of internal risk-related Policies and Procedures, particularly those impacting the ICG Credit Risk organization
- Sound risk and business judgment
- Stress testing skills a plus; instrument modelling skills desirable
- Strong Excel skills ideally incorporating VBA (Visual Basic for Applications)
- Programming skills in Python, R or other statistical languages also a plus
- Bachelors/University degree or equivalent experience
Grade :All Job Level - All Job Functions
Time Type :
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.