Fullstack Lead Java Developer
The role we are seeking is for Global Alto Payments development team. The successful candidate will interact with development, testing, and production support teams, as well as other departments within Citigroup (such as the System Administrators, Database Administrators, Data Centre Operations, and Change Control groups) for TTS platforms.
He/she requires exceptional communication skills across both technology and the business and will have a high degree of visibility. The candidate will be a rigorous technical lead with a strong understanding of how to build **scalable, enterprise level global applications**
The ideal candidate will be dependable and resourceful software professional who can comfortably work in a large development team in a globally distributed, dynamic work environment that fosters diversity, teamwork and collaboration. The ability to work in high pressured environment is essential.
- Utilize knowledge of applications development procedures and concepts, and basic knowledge of other technical areas to identify and define necessary system enhancements
- Identify and analyze issues, make recommendations, and implement solutions
- Utilize knowledge of business processes, system processes, and industry standards to solve complex issues
- Analyze information and make evaluative judgements to recommend solutions and improvements
- Conduct testing and debugging, utilize script tools, and write basic code for design specifications
- Assess applicability of similar experiences and evaluate options under circumstances not covered by procedures
- Develop working knowledge of Citis information systems, procedures, standards, client server application development, network operations, database administration, systems administration, data center operations, and PC-based applications
Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- BS / BTech degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Minimum 4+ years of experience working on complex development projects.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in working with globally distributed teams successfully and preference will be given for the candidate worked on payments projects
Excellent Interpersonal and communication skills, with high attention to minute details.
Bachelors degree/University degree or equivalent experience
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Technical / Functional Proficiency:
- Strong understanding of object oriented analysis and design, design patterns, high availability and concurrent programming
- Demonstrated excellent software development skills. Strong experiences in implementation of the following technologies: Java, J2EE, Spring framework, Hibernate, JPA, App Server
- Experience in building enterprise transaction based system with focus on recovery, stability, reliability, scalability and performance.
- Experience in building multithreaded applications and troubleshooting complex issues related to it.
- Experience in working on JMS / MQ applications.
- Full-stack with Java, Oracle, Mongo, Automation testing skills, etc
- Experience developing SOA and writing/consuming web services
- Experience in performance tuning of large technical solutions with significant volumes
- Strong Database experience (DB2/Oracle/SQL)
- Understanding of internetworking concepts, firewall, communication protocols is a plus
Experience in using Open Source technology
Requires Strong experience to drive discussions between Business and Application Teams.
- Ability to build a comprehensive understanding of project stakeholders, subject matter, and priorities
- Flexible to work across different Time zones supporting stakeholders across LATAM region.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, both technical and functional.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal and team building skills.
- Managing time and changing priorities in a dynamic environment
- Ability to provide quick turnaround to software issues and management requests
- Ability to assimilate key issues and concepts and come up to speed quickly
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - IN
Time Type :Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.