General Counsel for Mergers & Acquisitions
New York, NY
The attorney would serve as the Global Head of Citis Legal Corporate M&A Group and provide transactional and advisory legal services in connection with Citis proprietary strategic M&A transactions. The attorney would serve as the principal Legal Corporate M&A advisor to Citi's businesses, Citis Corporate M&A Group that heads up corporate strategy and development and various functional teams (e.g., Tax, Bank Regulatory, Risk and Accounting). The attorney would advise on the full life cycle of exploration and execution of M&A projects (i.e., structuring, documentation, negotiation strategies and risk assessments). The position also involves providing periodic reports and updates regarding Citis M&A - including about key issues and regulatory concerns and processes to senior executives, to the FDIC, OCC and the Fed and to the relevant Citi boards of directors. The group head serves as Secretary to Citis M&A Committee. The Global Head of Citis Legal Corporate M&A Group also directly manages the General Counsel of Citi Holdings and directs the M&A Groups support of Citis Resolution Planning exercise.
- Managing Citis Legal Corporate M&A Group (including the General Counsel of Citi Holdings)
- Advise Citis businesses, Corporate M&A Group and senior executives
Review corporate M&A transactions, including: documentation, risks and mitigants and regulatory processes
Ensure compliance with and adherence to Citis M&A process governing strategic proprietary corporate merger and acquisition activity
Manage M&A outside law firms relationships
- J.D. and Bachelors degree required
- Minimum 15+ years of corporate and M&A legal experience at national or large regional law firm and/or in-house legal department
- Extensive knowledge of and negotiating experience with merger and acquisition agreements
- Capital Markets experience preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are critical given extensive interaction with Citi colleagues, outside counsel and clients.
- Excellent negotiating skills are essential.
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - US
Time Type :Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.