GF - CSIS Security Senior Group Manager - Director
The CSIS Security Sr Group Manager manages multiple teams through other managers. In-depth understanding of how own sub-function contributes to achieving the objectives of the function. A good understanding of the industry, direct competitors' products and services, is also necessary in order to contribute to the commercial objectives of the business. Requires thorough understanding of strategic direction of the function within the relevant part of the business, combined with a solid conceptual/practical grounding in both the function and/or area of expertise and related subject areas. Excellent communication skills required in order to negotiate internally, often at a senior level. Some external communication/negotiation may be necessary. Responsible for executing functional strategy in area managed. Determines approach to implementing functional strategy. Accountable for end results, budgeting, planning, policy formulation and contribution to future strategy of the area(s). Impact reflects size of team managed, strategic influence on the business and interaction with other functions or businesses. Full management responsibility for multiple teams, including management of people, budget and planning, to include duties such as performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary actions and terminations and budget approval. May be doing involved or responsible for diverse (cross-discipline) activities.
- This role will play a pivotal role in the daily operations of Citi by interacting with multiple businesses across the enterprise
- This role will leverage subject matter expertise, whether that is physical security and safety, crisis management, security technology, event security/logistics or vendor management
- Key leadership and strategic role within Citi Security & Investigative Services (CSIS) for a specific region.
- Direct all facets of physical security or a security program in a specified region.
- Ensure the appropriate utilization of critical security resources
- Direct Expense management, ensuring timeliness of payments, budget management, budget planning.
- Create strategies to ensure operational effectiveness of all security personnel.
- Provide the framework and direction of coaching and development initiatives for regional staff.
- Develop relationships with external organizations to share best practices and intelligence (to include financial institutions and specialized member-based organizations).
- Establish processes within the region to ensure compliance to all standards, policies, regulations and laws
- Manage contingent and contract staff at various Citi facilities, sites and branches
- Clearly and concisely brief management on ongoing major security matters and does so in a professional manner
Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 15+ years of experience, including 8-10+ years' managerial experience
- Bachelor's Degree (US only)
- Managed teams of Security managers, security professionals and contingent staff
- Established effective relationships with senior business leaders and internal partners
- Managed complex security projects that have global consequences as well as criminal or regulatory implications
- Executed efficiently under tight time constraints
- Experience in promoting a culture of a strong security risk and control environment.
- Provided strategic recommendations in order to enhance security prevention, leveraging an in-depth understanding of current and potential security frameworks
- Experience in evaluating and recommending opportunities to optimize global security & safety defense strategy for facilities and sites
- Experience with identifying and implemented defense components to deter security breaches
- Anticipate threat trends and evaluated potential impacts on future business performance, while leveraging an in-depth understanding of industry knowledge and comparing relative industry preventative measures
- Promoted a culture of a strong risk management
- Recognizes, evaluates and communicates the importance of risk management activities from a broad view
- Performed critical resource evaluations of staff to raise operational effectiveness and efficiency
- Relevant experience in a private/public sector security environment
- Experience working in a corporate or financial services security team
- Domestic and International Travel
Flexibility to work on call off hours/weekends
Bachelors degree, potentially Masters degree and managerial experience
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - SG
Time Type :Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.