Head of Loss Forecasting & Risk Performance Analytics US Branded Cards
**Head of Loss Forecasting & Risk Performance Analytics US Branded Cards**
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi Branded Cards North America (N.A.) is the market leader in the US credit card industry with ~$90B in receivables across 25+ million customer relationships. With a pre-eminent global brand and distribution, Branded Cards N.A. maintains its leadership position by delivering industry-leading products, advanced services and payment systems that address clients evolving needs. The Branded Cards N.A. business is comprised of Citi Branded Cards Proprietary and Partner Card products including Costco, American Airlines, AT&T and Expedia. A strong and effective Risk Management function is integral to Citi Cards success. Brands Risk Management division comprises of 440 highly qualified individuals spread across the globe.
The Head of Loss Forecasting & Risk Performance Analytics is a senior leadership position within the US Branded Cards Risk Management organization. The objective is to develop, communicate and manage the ongoing Cost of Credit outlook for The Branded Cards portfolio. Composed of a range of large Product segments in the Proprietary & CoBrand space, US Branded Cards serve a diverse pool of customers with Cash & Non Cash Rewards, Balance Consolidation and Partner affinity propositions. This role will also have responsibility to manage Cost of Credit outlook for fixed term lending that is an area of focus and growth for the US business. This is a high visibility role that informs our Strategic Plan, ongoing external Earnings Releases and senior level internal discussion. This role works closely with in-business leaders in addition to Independent Risk, Audit & Regulators
- Lead the team responsible for Loss Forecast & Reserve (Cost of Credit) estimation for US Branded Cards
- Develop a robust Cost of Credit outlook that recognizes the diversity and underlying performance characteristics of our customer base
- Understand and incorporate the effect of business strategy and initiatives (Acquisition, ECM & Collections) on risk performance as well as that of any external drivers if applicable
- Enhance forecasting methodology with an eye on accuracy and transparency
- Stay connected with non-Cost of Credit assumptions / outlook across the business and be able to effectively challenge as needed such that the CoC outlook remains aligned with the full P&L at the segment and overall business level
- Explain ongoing trends and variance to expectations in a clear, analytically defensible manner so appropriate adjustments to strategy and outlook can be made
- Develop an effective communication plan for our matrix organization that is anchored in the Outlook calendar (annual Strategic Plan & Mid-Year Forecast, quarterly Citigroup CFO briefings aligned with earnings release and monthly Outlook updates based on latest trends)
- Fully understand and stay ahead of the Governance and Control requirements around executing and recording CoC output in our internal systems (Managed by In-Business Risk, Independent Risk and Finance
- Manage a team of professionals across multiple geographic locations to deliver on ambitious team goals while supporting individual professional development & engagement
- Deep understanding of the Credit Card business and ability to link customer behavior drivers to P&L outcomes
- Able to see the big picture on Full P&L in addition to the risk performance view
- Analytical skills to build robust CoC outlook, explain variance and interpret full P&L
- Strong leadership skills : spot opportunities, set vision / agenda, build a consensus, leverage capabilities from the broader team and drive to outcomes
- Ability to partner with, educate and influence peers and stakeholders including senior leadership (CRO, CFO, CEO)
- Operates with a high level of business ethics and integrity in decision making, communication and actions
- Manages team in a positive and constructive manner encourages, motivates and provides guidance as needed
- Raises the bar on performance, effectively and empathetically tackles underperformance
- Ability to adapt to change and the confidence to challenge the status quo when appropriate
11 - 15 years of relevant risk management or financial services experience required
7+ years of people management experience, including experience as a manager of managers
- Hands-on experience with portfolio performance monitoring and diagnostics
- Strong knowledge of the applicable laws and regulations and the current environment which govern Credit Card lending policies and practices
- Bachelor's Degree, MBA/MS preferred; Education includes demonstrated knowledge in a financial or analytical field including engineering, mathematics, statistics
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - US
Time Type :Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.