HR APAC Regional Head of Benefits & Wellness Group Manager, SVP
Kowloon City District, Hong Kong
The Benefits & Wellness Group Manager is accountable for management of complex/critical/large professional disciplinary areas. Leads and directs a team of professionals on benefits and wellness issues across APAC. Requires a comprehensive understanding of multiple areas within a function and how they interact in order to achieve the objectives of the function. Applies in-depth understanding of the business impact of technical contributions. Strong commercial awareness is a necessity. Generally accountable for delivery of a full range of services to one or more businesses/ geographic regions/countries. Excellent communication skills required in order to negotiate internally, often at a senior level. Some external communication may be necessary. Accountable for the end results of an area. Exercises control over resources, policy formulation and planning. Primarily affects a sub-function. Involved in short- to medium-term planning of actions and resources for own area. Full management responsibility of a team or multiple teams, including management of people, budget and planning, to include performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary actions and terminations and budget approval.
- The Benefits and Wellness Group Manager is responsible for developing and executing the firm's benefits and wellness strategy for APAC. The Benefits Group Manger manages the key areas of benefits, pensions and wellness and liaises with third parties to develop a consistent best practice approach supporting Citis EVP.
- Leads team managing APACs suite of benefits to ensure alignment with global goals, and plays central co-ordinating role for all APAC countries on all benefits/wellness matters.
- Accountable for the end results of benefits and wellness deliveries.
- Ensures benefits and wellness practices are compliant with the relevant regulatory recommendations and requirements are also covered in this function.
- Handles and resolves escalated individual participant issues.
- Influences country stakeholders to ensure local benefits programs are shaped by global goals.
- Assists with regular internal and external audits.
- Ensures region-wide regulatory filings and reporting
- Contributes to directional strategy by considering their application in own job and the business.
- Plays lead role in vendor management to ensure ongoing quality of benefits and wellness delivery.
- Implement global wellness priorities/programs in coordination with global team
- Maintains and plans budget and budget approval.
- Develops communications for employees and Human Resource (HR) colleagues and identify improvements to existing communications.
- Handles day-to-day staff management issues, including resource management and allocation of work within the team/project.
- Manages health and welfare benefits impacts resulting from mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures.
- Provides advice and counsel related to the technology or operations of the business.
- Manages volume, quality, timeliness and delivery of end results of an area.
- Ensures motivation and development of multi-country team through professional leadership to include duties such as performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary and terminations as well as direction or coordination of daily tasks and responsibilities.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 10+ years of experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with an emphasis on MS Excel
- Self-motivated and detail oriented
- Proactive leadership and motivational skills
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Proven influencing and relationship management skills
- Bachelors/University degree, Masters degree preferred
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - HK
Time Type :
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.