IF Generalist Lead
The IF Generalist Lead is a strategic professional who stays abreast of developments within own field and contributes to directional strategy by considering their application in own job and the business. Recognized technical authority for an area within the business. Requires basic commercial awareness.There are typically multiple people within the business that provide the same level of subject matter expertise. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers. Significant impact on the area through complex deliverables. Provides advice and counsel related to the technology or operations of the business. Work impacts an entire area, which eventually affects the overall performance and effectiveness of the sub-function/job family.
- The IF Transactor is an experienced lending product specialist and Credit Officer within the Investment Finance business, with direct client coverage responsibility.The Transactor is required to have strong structuring skills, origination/marketing capabilities and sound credit judgment and has the responsibility to work with Private Bankers for completing the due diligence, underwriting, obtaining approval and reviewing/closing documentation for new Facilities to cleints.
- Marketing and sale of the full Product range, including client calling and account planning in partnership with Private Bankers
- Understand and anticipate clients' needs, following up with effective products and financial solutions
- Maximize revenue generation whilst achieving at least minimum return targets ensuring responsible lending growth
- Responsible for appropriate transaction structuring and execution (within product programs) with appropriate risk and return characteristics, ensuring appropriate Credit Policy and Risk Acceptance standard compliance
- Define, coordinate and oversee the analytical activities of the deal team
- Define and negotiate the transaction and credit framework (including covenant definition)
- Oversee preparation of credit and capital allocation Memos (as applicable)
- Oversee the Credit Approval write up, for both new deals and annual reviews
- Negotiation, obtaining and closing of credit documentation, ensuring compliance with all Citi and external policies and coordinating with external counsel and Risk Management, as required
- Responsible for the early problem recognition process and must propose, when deemed appropriate, credit classification and appropriate risk rating on specific transactions/ relationships
- This is a demanding role for which a strong mix of credit and process skills is crucial. It requires an ability to influence stakeholders, including clients, seniors of the bank, Risk, auditors or other areas of the Bank, to deliver against budget and to ensure processes meet the Banks highest standards.
- Participation in remedial management actions together with SARG as require
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 6-10 years of experience
- Strong and proven analytical, financial structuring and execution skills
- Strong marketing and sales skills
- Over 7 years experience as a Credit Officer
- Strong knowledge of Citibanks Credit Policies, Product Programs and Citi Policies
- Good knowledge of financial markets, investments, banking and loan products
- Financial and cash flow modelling
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Good negotiation skills
- Strong initiative and interactive approach to problem solving
- Displays flexibility and independence in a demanding environment
- Team player
- Bachelor's/University degree, Master's degree preferred
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - US
Time Type :Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.