Innovation Expert - Data Scientist
Job Background / Context:
We are looking for data scientist that will help Citi discover the information hidden in vast amounts of data, and help Citi make smarter decisions to deliver even better products.
Key Responsibilities: In this role, you will be handling the following (but not limited to) responsibilities:
- Developing machine learning algorithms
- Building and optimizing machine learning based solutions, with a focus on deep learning
- Managing multiple concurrent initiatives and projects of varying sizes & complexity
- Effective upward and downward communication of complex machine learning concepts to key stakeholders.
Development Value: A number of skills will be strengthened by this position including senior stakeholder management, project/program management, strategic thinking, tactical & operational solution provision, senior internal/external client interaction, risk management, and presentation & reporting skills. Additionally,
You will gain significant experience of the technologies and businesses involved across Citi applications, giving you exposure to new and existing methodologies and systems as well as the opportunity to work with multiple teams around the globe.
As a member of the Innovation Lab you will have to opportunity to work with a team of highly motivated, smart individuals whose daily job is to think out-of-the-box and look for disruptive opportunities with a commercial benefit.
- Exposure to newly released and upcoming technologies and the ability to positively contribute to the strategies of the business
Knowledge / Experience/ Skills
- Developing machine learning algorithm primarily using the Python ecosystem (detailed know-how of standard python libraries such as the SciPy stack, SciKit-Learn, gensim, etc.)
- Building and optimizing machine learning based solutions, with a focus on deep learning (e.g.: hands on experience of open source deep learning libraries/ frameworks such as Keras, PyTorch, etc.)
- At least 2 years experience tackling problems involving Big Data, e.g., using the Apache Spark / Hadoop stack to deploy machine learning at scale
- Excellent presentation and communication skills to explain results and methodologies to non-technical stakeholders.
- Experience in managing a portfolio of early stage initiatives through to successful delivery
- Experience of delivering complex programs involving multiple stakeholders across different geographical locations with a significant amount of uncertainty.
- Creative problem solver comfortable with working in rapidly evolving landscape and projects loaded with uncertainty.
- Doctorate, Masters Degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Math, or related disciplines
- A minimum of 2 years hands-on experience in a similar role (Data Engineer/ Data Scientist)
- Industry/ Research in academia experience working with innovative and emerging technologies.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
- Work effectivelyin cross-organizational situations and be enthusiastic about delivering qualitysolutions while working with world-class teams, processes and tools.
- High motivation to achieve ambitious goals in a short time. Curiosity and passion for Data Science
- Highly effective written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational, program andproject management skills.
- Demonstrate excellenttechnical knowledge and equally enthusiastic about business acumen.
- Promote teamwork andmaintain effective communication within and across groups.
- Promote and drive continuous process improvement especially in code quality, testability & reliability
Citi is an equal opportunities employer.
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - IE
Time Type :Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.