Internal Audit Innovation - Senior Auditor (AVP)
- As a seasoned professional applies solid understanding of internal audit standards, policies, and local regulations to provide timely audit assurance.
- Contributes to the development of audit processes improvements.
- Applies solid understanding of how internal audit collectively integrates with line management and control functions to accomplish the objectives of the function and overall business.
- Performs moderately complex audits related to Consumer or Investment Banking, technology management; project/program management; or supplier management in accordance with corporate methodologies and professional standards, including drafting of audit reports, presenting issues to the business and discussing practical solutions.
- Completes assigned audits within budgeted timeframes, and budgeted costs.
- Provides coaching to team members in all phases of the audit process.
- Monitors the risk environment and assesses the emerging risks through the Business Monitoring process.
- Recommends appropriate and pragmatic solutions to risk and control issues.
- Applies knowledge of key regulations to influence audit scope.
- Develops effective line management relationships to ensure strong understanding of the business.
- Pro-actively develops automated routines to help focus audit testing.
- Drives the innovative use of audit analytics through direct participation in all phases of audits (i.e., business monitoring, planning, fieldwork, reporting).
- Applies understanding of business processes, risks and controls to identify opportunities to enhance audit efficiencies and effectiveness through the development and delivery of automated processes.
- Defines data needs, designs and executes audit analytics during audits in accordance with the audit methodology and professional standards.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to clearly articulate analytics requirements and results, and make practical recommendations for analytics enhancements.
- Develop professional relationships with product and technology audit teams to assist in the definition of audit analytics opportunities for assigned audits and business monitoring activities.
- Develop effective working relationships with technology and business management of the area being audited.
- Promote the use of audit analytics and provide training to team members regarding the use of analytics to enhance all phases of the audit process.
- Promote continuous improvement in all aspects of audit automation activities (e.g., technical environment, software, operating procedures).
Qualifications and Competencies
- BS/BA degree or equivalent combination of education/experience.
- Intermediate level experience in a related role with experience in business, functional and people management, with proven abilities in taking responsibility for issuing to stakeholders high quality deliverables according to strict timetables.
- Specific subject matter expertise regarding technology application control disciplines and a solid business understanding of various financial services products.
- Effective negotiation skills, a proactive and 'no surprises' approach in communicating issues and strength in sustaining independent views. This individual must be an articulate and effective communicator, both orally and in writing, with an energetic, charismatic and approachable style.
Strong interpersonal skills for interfacing with all levels of internal and external audit and management.
Excellent technical, programming, databases and web development skills.
- Proficiency in at least five of the following technical skills:
- SAS or R
- UNIX Shell Scripting
- MS Access
- Business Intelligence
- Visualization tools
- Data Science skills including extracting insights from large volumes of data in various forms, either structured or unstructured. Experience in the use of statistics, data modeling, data mining and predictive analytics are a plus.
- Excellent analytical ability to understand business processes and related risks and controls, and develop innovative audit analytics based upon audit needs.
- Working knowledge of the banking businesses (i.e., Institutional Clients Group, Consumer, and Corporate Functions).
- Ingenuity in enhancing client support through innovative use of analytics
At least 4 years of business / audit experience in providing automated solutions to business needs.
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - IN
Time Type :
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.