Lead Software Engineer(API)-AVP
New Castle County, DE
The Applications Development Senior Programmer Analyst is an intermediate level position responsible for participation in the establishment and implementation of new or revised application systems and programs in coordination with the Technology team. The overall objective of this role is to contribute to applications systems analysis and programming activities.
- Conduct tasks related to feasibility studies, time and cost estimates, IT planning, risk technology, applications development, model development, and establish and implement new or revised applications systems and programs to meet specific business needs or user areas
- Monitor and control all phases of development process and analysis, design, construction, testing, and implementation as well as provide user and operational support on applications to business users
- Utilize in-depth specialty knowledge of applications development to analyze complex problems/issues, provide evaluation of business process, system process, and industry standards, and make evaluative judgement
- Recommend and develop security measures in post implementation analysis of business usage to ensure successful system design and functionality
- Consult with users/clients and other technology groups on issues, recommend advanced programming solutions, and install and assist customer exposure systems
- Ensure essential procedures are followed and help define operating standards and processes
- Serve as advisor or coach to new or lower level analysts
Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 5-8 years of relevant experience
- Experience in systems analysis and programming of software applications
- Experience in managing and implementing successful projects
- Working knowledge of consulting/project management techniques/methods
Ability to work under pressure and manage deadlines or unexpected changes in expectations or requirements
Bachelors degree/University degree or equivalent experience
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
This is a Senior/Lead Software Engineer role responsible for joining Citi Connect API Development team and contributing to the software design, development and to the migration of code to the production. This engineer should be able to work independently and in a highly collaborative environment and expected to work through product prioritized user stories and support the applications/products as they evolve into production systems. This engineer should be able to navigate comfortably in the teams that are heavily utilizing agile methodology, scaled agile framework, and varied modern skillsets that involves API, Micro Services, Java related technologies and developing container based cloud solutions.
Knowledge / Experience/Skills:
- Proficiency in API, Web Services and Micro Services Design and Development.
- Strong Experience in Java related technologies.
- Experience/Ability to quickly pick up in the development of APIs using OpenAPI Specifications
- Full stack development experience/Proven ability to transform to a full stack developer
- Experience in a modern scripting language such as Python (Preferred)
- Technical Savvy to leverage and experiment with Open Source Technology Frameworks
- Experience in using CI/CD toolkit. Should be able to quickly pickup to the ever-changing tools in the industry
- Exposure to a container based platform such as Open Shift
- Exposure to the migration of native applications to the container based/ cloud platforms
- Ability to demonstrate defensive coding best practices.
- Experience/Ability to quickly pick up working in Micro Services Based Architecture
- Experience in using REST methodologies
- Experience working with the global development teams spanned across different time zones
- Strong analytical, interpersonal skills and product knowledge skillset preferably in financial domain
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - US
Time Type :Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.