MYS CTSM KL Senior Data Analyst
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
The AML Data Management function oversees the end-to-end AML data ecosystem including data governance, architecture, standards, controls, metrics, Issue Management & Resolution (IMR), reporting and risk management. Objectives include: improving data governance and management; defining and maintaining the AML data architecture and standards; increasing business and functional engagement; improving data comprehensiveness, quality and coverage; reducing the inventory of data issues; and accelerating data access and validation for new projects.
The Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Senior Data Analyst will interact with subject matter experts across Citi's AML function and Citi's lines of business to identify, measure and report AML Metrics. The Data Mining & Analytics (DM&A) team functions within the Citi AML Data Management team and provides support to AML Monitoring & Investigations efforts to improve data quality, validate t-code usage against current Gold Source mappings, and provide analytical support to guide IMR remediation decisions.
The analyst will use SQL along with SAS, R, or advanced Excel functions to create reports, analyze trends, and identify drivers and risks. The analyst will communicate findings and recommendations to stakeholders in a clear, concise fashion. In order to succeed, strong partnerships must be developed and maintained with global stakeholders from business, operations and compliance functions.
- Develop well-designed SQL queries to extract correct output from Citi AML systems (Mantas, Oracle, CitiMIP, etc.)
- Perform statistical analyses of raw data using tools such as SAS, R, Python, or Excel to identify trends and behaviors that present AML risk
- Identify and report data quality issues that may impact AML monitoring efficiency and effectiveness
- Analyze and interpret data to draw conclusions and make recommendations to address specific business needs
- Source and prepare AML metrics to support Data Management initiatives
- Enhance existing metrics and propose new metrics to measure AML performance and risks
- Present proposals and findings of analysis to team members and senior stakeholders in a clear and succinct manner both orally and in writing
- Maintain effective communications with stakeholders to manage expectations throughout each project
- Produce high quality deliverables within the allotted time frame
- Clearly document projects, processes, and procedures for the intended audience
Provide ad-hoc support to AML Monitoring and Investigations stakeholders
- BA/BS degree in MIS, Business or related field
- 4+ years of experience in Oracle SQL development
- 2+ years of experience in Mantas and CitiCMT
- Proven analytic and problem-solving skills
- Strong knowledge of Excel including advanced functions such as formula based data
- manipulation, advanced table lookups, pivot tables and VBA
- Highly effective written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of statistical packages such as SAS, R, or Python desired
- Knowledge of Anti-Money Laundering
- Ability to learn new concepts quickly and adapt to shifting requirements and priorities
- Ability to manage significant workload independently and effectively
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - MY
Time Type :
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.