Operational Risk Management Technology/Cyber - SVP
New York, NY
The Operational Risk Sr Officer I is a strategic professional who closely follows latest trends in own field and adapts them for application within own job and the business. Typically a small number of people within the business that provide the same level of expertise. Excellent communication skills required in order to negotiate internally, often at a senior level. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers. Accountable for significant direct business results or authoritative advice regarding the operations of the business. Necessitates a degree of responsibility over technical strategy. Primarily affects a sub-function. Responsible for handling staff management issues, including resource management and allocation of work within the team/project.
- Establishes and oversees the application of operational risk policies, technology and tools, and governance processes to create lasting solutions for minimizing losses from failed internal processes, inadequate controls, and emerging risks.
- independently asses risks and drive actions to address the root causes that persistently lead to operational risk losses by challenging both historical and proposed practices.
- Governance and oversight may include (not limited to) technology operational risk, cyber risk for example.
- Serves as a subject matter expert for all performance issues that surface.
- Issues Management (KPI/KRI/Corrective Action Plans)
- Resolves transactional level escalations coming from the vendor or internal partners
- Analyzes a multitude of scorecards/performance management tools in an attempt to mitigate exposure (risk/financial/regulatory)
- Monitors goals are met through performance, risk and relationship oversight of our extended supply chain and ensures compliance
- Collaborates to resolve any issues which fall within the terms of the contract. Escalate those that require commercial or legal support.
- Develops and maintains relationships across the business users and Lines of Defense to better understand and deliver customer requirements by responding to changes in the internal and external business environment
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 10+ years relevant experience
- Outstanding communication and influencing skills through all levels of the organization and with external partners and vendors. Exceptional relationship management skills; must be able to address and resolve conflict while maintaining relationships. In depth knowledge of Mortgage Servicing Operational processes and technology platforms supporting the Operations. Ability to effectively communicate complex topics to a broad audience.
- Detailed oriented with analytical skills, as the role requires a large amount of data manipulation and presentation. Expert in Microsoft Office Tools.
- Third Party Oversight/Vendor Oversight experience preferred
- Bachelors/University degree, Masters degree preferred
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - US
Time Type :
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.