Program Lead Regional Branch Operations - Productivity & Efficiency
Positioning GCB to win in the decade ahead, Consumer Operations plays an integral and important role in the growth momentum in Asia. ATM & Branches are an important anchor point to acquire, engage and deepen retail affluent client relationships. However, the physical network and distribution will undergo optimization.
Consumer branches in Asia serves ~25 million transactions across financial & non-financial customer requests supported by ~1900 staff across 200+ branches. ~60% of branch transactions are serviced by tellers, primarily for financial transactions and 30% of overall requests are in the nature of product & service inquiries. Citi in Asia has over 220 branches and has already optimized its network presence by over 40% since 2015. Branch network would further be optimized, as we continue to focus on migration of analog transactions to digital self-serve channels. Operational efficiencies achieved through such resource reallocation would need careful assessment before re-investing in technology, products, processes or even people.
Digital has upended all assumptions about customer interaction preferences, especially as they apply to traditional channels that banks relied upon heavily. Where human interaction is necessary, this becomes an opportunity for deepening relationships, through improved customer experience and product cross-sell.
This role will be instrumental in supporting execution of key priorities for Branch Operations function with respect to Productivity & Efficiency and Client Experience.
- Own & manage workforce optimization for Branch Operations in achieving efficiency targets for the year
- Own & manage Analog Shutdown and Path to Zero initiatives for Branch Operations to meet transaction offload targets, in partnership with Country Operations and Business Functions
- Drive Client Obsession agenda for ATM & Branch Operations, with an aim to reduce 15% reduction in overall complaints volume and in identifying key client journeys to eliminate client pain points
- Drive adoption of a common process for the ATM & Branch Operations function across 17 GCB markets in Asia
- Partner with operations, business and technology stakeholder to gather and document business processes and requirements, with a clear line of sight to operational efficiencies and expense saves arising from such automation
- Help transform culture of Branch Operations teams to ensure that productivity initiatives are executed to plan and the saves realized in a meaningful way
- Act as key liaison between operations, technology and business managers within region to aid in design, construction and testing to deliver consistent business processes within assigned timeframes
- Provide analytical support to the Regional ATM & Branch Operations team, understand the business context, formulate and execute appropriate analytical reports to address the business requirements
- Develop comprehensive end to end analytical presentations to address business requirements
- Drive innovative analytical approaches across all the initiatives led by the Regional ATM & Branch Operations team and conceptualize solutions, spanning over 17 countries
- Prepare Post project MIS, lessons learned and conduct continuous process improvement reviews.
- Understand the bank environment and compliance and regulatory requirements.
- Work with regional and global team and implement the best standards across teams.
- Ensure creation of program plan and charter benefits management plan, stakeholder management plan, acceptance plan, and central program issue log.
- Evaluates subordinates' performance and makes recommendations for pay increases, promotions, terminations, and other personnel actions.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 5+ years exposure to Financial Services (prior experience in ATM or Branch Operations preferred
- Ability to develop, implement and execute high impact business transformation strategies
- Ability to work and make decisions independently as well as collaborate effectively as part of a wider team
- Ability to influence others and excellent stakeholder management skills is required
- Ability to work with ambiguity and to deliver results under pressure
- Strong strategic and analytical skills that are sharply customer focused with proficiency in MS Office tools
- Have demonstrated prior experience in managing region-wide programs with tight delivery timelines
- Have excellent critical-thinking, communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills to manage expectations of senior business stakeholders
- Perform in a high-energy fast paced environment with tight deadlines
- Operate within the matrix environment and effectively lead and drive change across multiple constituencies, organizational boundaries, levels of management by leveraging of all global, regional and country resources
- Be meticulous in work and diligent in follow-ups to effective closures
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills, including the ability to analyze operational and financial impact of various alternatives and risk mitigation approaches
- Demonstrate necessary maturity to deal with senior management, engage peers and effectively manage and guide junior colleagues
- Ability to engage multiple stakeholders with different priorities and create the necessary environment to drive and deliver the required results.
- Experience managing complex systems/organizations in a fast paced environment is required
- Ability to drive success by influence, especially senior stakeholders across the broader organization is essential
- Experience in financial management in terms of budgeting/forecasting, expense management and product allocations is an advantage
- Bachelors/University degree or equivalent experience (MBA or MS Finance preferred)
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - SG
Time Type :Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.