Risk - Commodity - Market Risk Manager - VP
London, United Kingdom
As the Market Risk Manager, the primary task of this professional is to ensure that the trading desks stays under their Market risk tolerance limits as prescribed by the risk management organization. Market risk pertains to potential loss due to market movements such as changes in Commodity prices, interest rates,and foreign exchange rates. This would require the candidate to be a technical authority not only in the area of risk measurement and control but also have strong knowledge of the markets and derivative products that the desk is involved in. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers. They are also expected to provide advice and counsel related to the technology or operations of the business. Responsible for measuring, monitoring and analyzing the organizations market risk exposure on a day-to-day and long-term basis for various commodities financial & physical products. Individuals monitor trading limits are also responsible for approving transactions over certain established limits. This individual works with traders or trading management and recommend actions to mitigate risk. Responsible for monitoring and analyzing the organizations risk exposure by understanding the risks and rewards of the Citi products and structures solutions to mitigate risks of those products.
- Working with trading desk to ensure that all relevant market risk factors are properly identified and formally captured in official risk systems
- Working with senior risk managers in regulatory compliance programs
- Developing and maintaining an appropriate autonomous market risk limits framework with applicable limits and triggers
- Autonomously monitor business compliance with the firms market risk-related policies
- Oversee risk exposure measurement and limit monitoring processes to ensure integrity and appropriate independence of reporting
- Participate in the development of business-level stress testing that properly considers risk concentrations; review results and assess appropriate follow-up actions
- Participate in the ongoing development, implementation and upgrade of risk systems including VaR, Limit monitoring systems, Stress systems etc etc.
- Participate in bespoke projects which constitute direct integration with trading businesses and market in general, a fantastic learning opportunity for commodity markets and products
- Working with senior managers on well-defined mid to long term projects that require technical skills and strategic planning, enabling development in analytical capacity and critical
Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
Knowledge, skills and experience required:
- Degree in a quantitative or financial discipline.
- Knowledge and experience in Commodities markets (Metals, Power & Gas, Oil etc.)
- Knowledge of financial instruments and risk metrics
- Quantitative skills including mathematics involved in risk estimation and modelling
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be a self-starter, flexible, innovative and adaptive
- Ability to work collaboratively and with people at all levels of the organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to both work collaboratively and autonomously; ability to navigate a complex organization
- Advanced analytical skills
- Excellent project management and organizational skills and capability to handle multiple projects at one time
- Proficient in MS Office applications (Excel/VBA, Word, Power Point) and SQL
- Proficiency in programming languages such as Python etc is a plus
Bachelors/University degree, Masters degree preferred
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organizational success.
**Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer**
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - GB
Time Type :
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.