ROHQ - CDO -Data Mgmt Ops Mgr (AVP / C12)
The Data Mgmt Mgr provides full leadership and supervisory responsibility. Provides operational/service leadership and direction to team(s). Applies in-depth disciplinary knowledge through provision of value-added perspectives or advisory services. May contribute to the development of new techniques, models and plans within area of expertise. Excellent communication and diplomacy skills are required. Generally has responsibility for volume, quality, timeliness of end results and shared responsibility for planning and budgets. Work affects an entire area, which eventually affects the overall performance and effectiveness of the sub-function/job family. Full supervisory responsibility, ensuring motivation and development of team through professional leadership to include duties such as performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary and terminations as well as direction of daily tasks and responsibilities.
- Assists in leading Finance, Risk, FRI and FRSS efforts to provide accurate information of the highest quality to customers, shareholders and regulators, grounded in developing and instituting the most efficient production processes.
- Participates in defining and establishing appropriate data standards, understanding the data needs of regulatory and internal reporting, the acquisition of that data, the financial reconciliation and Data Quality measurement of that data and fixing issues at source through the Issue Management Resolution process and other transformation programs.
- Works to ensure that functions are compliant with Citigroup Data Management Policy
- Responsible for performing or supervising tasks that are part of the daily production process to ensure that data from key platforms like GENESIS, CRMR or Optima are of sufficient quality for the firms management and regulatory reporting.
- Works with cross regional / business working groups of Senior FP&A and Controller representatives to implement new processes. This can include developing business requirements, process mapping of current and future state processes, communicating implications of new processes and facilitating the change management program to move to the new process
- Manages and drives productivity improvements and reduce non-value adding expense
- Promotes more effective use of existing tools and processes (and eliminate those that are not used or are ineffectual)
- Identifies and supports the development of new capabilities
- Manages and executes strategic design and process improvement projects across Finance working with Technology and Operations and other support organizations
- Performs analysis to test hypotheses and size opportunities (including data gathering, modeling and synthesis of results.)
- Develops and refines recommended solutions to address issues and capture opportunities.
- Presents findings/analysis and make recommendations to senior management.
- Partners with stakeholders to create and launch tactical implementation plans.
Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
5-8+ Years of experience in Data Management, 5+ years of management Problem solving skills - Candidate must demonstrate the ability to identify key issues, gather data to investigate those issues and develop actionable recommendations. Given a strong fact base, candidate should be able to maintain point of view in the face of resistance.
Bachelors/University degree or equivalent experience
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - PH
Time Type :Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.