Sanctions Business Risk Officer - Markets & Securities Services
New York, NY
- Serve as Program Manager providing oversight, assurance, and reporting for certain elements of the MSS sanctions and AB programs across Markets and Securities Services businesses.
- Work collaboratively with key stakeholders to identify and manage sanctions and AB risks, manage execution of various related initiatives, assess controls over sanctions screening, and identify opportunities to enhance sanctions and AB controls and processes.
- Design and implement controls over sanctions and AB processes.
- Establish Key Risk Indicators and metrics and report these to various Citi governance bodies.
- Address Issues and CAPs with stakeholders and escalate these, as appropriate.
- Establish policies and procedures over sanctions screening and AB processes, assess impact to MSS of proposed changes to Citi policies, procedures, and standards, and work with key stakeholders to ensure appropriate implementation.
- Collaborate with the ICRM Sanctions AND ICRM AB teams to ensure appropriate coverage for the Markets portion of the annual Enterprise-wide OFAC Risk Assessment (EWORA).and the Anti-Bribery Risk Assessment, leveraging control survey results to enhance the control environment.
- Liaise with Compliance Assurance and Internal Audit to facilitate consistent coverage across Markets businesses, as well as appropriate resolution of any issues identified.
- Prepare presentations to update senior management on progress made on sanctions and AB initiatives.
Partner with other colleagues, as needed, to support AML-related projects.
Undergraduate degree in business administration, economics, finance, accounting, or computer science (other fields to be considered as well). Advanced degree (Masters/JD) preferred.
- At least 5 years of securities/banking industry experience or other relevant experience. Knowledge of institutional sales/trading preferred.
- Knowledge of Bank Secrecy Act, including Anti-money Laundering and sanctions rules and regulations highly desirable, particularly with respect to sanctions programs administered by the U.S. Department of the Treasurys Office of Foreign Assets Control.
- Knowledge of Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.
- Strong influence management and relationship skills.
- Proven track record in leading cross-functional teams to deliver complex projects.
- Experience in designing control programs and knowledge of operational risk management principles.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Must be articulate and persuasive.
- Strong organizational skills capable of juggling multiple tasks, recalibrating as priorities change, deadline and quality driven. Attention to detail with strong focus on accuracy of information.
- Teamwork - Must be able to work in a team environment; listens and works well with others; client-focused and open to different ideas/viewpoints.
- Organizational awareness - Knowledge of Citi Markets businesses, banking/financial services industry, risk and control assessment, technology, and/or audit processes highly desirable.
- General management skills - Self-directed; passion for excellence; able to work under pressure. Ability to build and maintain strong relationships at all levels.
- Ability to work independently and effectively in a large, global corporate environment.
- Technology skills Strong desktop/PC skills including strong knowledge of MS suite of applications, particularly PowerPoint and Excel. Knowledge of Python, SharePoint, SQL, and/or other similar applications.
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - US
Time Type :Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.