Senior Audit Manager GF/GCB Compliance
The Senior Audit Manager is a senior level management position responsible for managing a complex and critical unit within Internal Audit, in coordination with the Audit team. The overall objective of this role is to develop and execute a robust Audit Plan, and direct complex audit activities for a component of the business at a regional or country level. The Global Functions (GF) and Global Consumer Bank (GCB) Audit team provides compliance audit coverage of the Compliance Risk Management Framework, GCB Independent Compliance Risk Management (ICRM), GF ICRM, and consumer laws, rules, and regulations. This role requires a knowledge of and familiarity with Compliance Risk Management Framework principles, OCC Heightened Standards requirements, SR 08-8, and the regulatory environment of large complex financial institutions.
- Develops and executes a robust Audit Plan, by reviewable entity, for assigned businesses in accordance with Internal Audit standards, relevant government statutes and regulations and Citigroup and Citibank policies.
- Delivers on time high quality audit reports, Internal Audit and Regulatory issue validation and (where appropriate), branch examinations, as well as business monitoring and governance committee reporting.
- Directs complex audit activities for a component of a product line, function, or legal entity at the regional or country level including a portion of the Audit Plan.
- Applies comprehensive expertise in one or more of the corporation's businesses and leverages this knowledge into a leadership role in one or more teams.
- Proactively advances integrated auditing concepts and use of technology. Closely follows latest trends in own field and adapts them for application within own job and the business.
- Manages a complex and critical unit within Internal Audit, including a medium sized team of Internal Audit professionals. Recruits staff, develops talent, builds effective teams, and manages a budget. Possesses a broad and comprehensive understanding of different Internal Audit standards, policies and local regulations; applies a broad and comprehensive knowledge of high-risk areas including: consumer banking, regulatory compliance, technology management, project/program management, and supplier management.
- Leads the professional development of Internal Audit staff.
- Develops effective senior line management relationships and has a strong understanding of the businesses.
- Applies an in-depth understanding of the inter-relationships of business and support units throughout the corporation and how they impact the overall control environment and the audit approach.
- Uses excellent communication skills in order to influence a wide range of internal audiences including respective product, function, or regional executive management partners. May negotiate internally often at higher levels on matters which will have a major impact on the area managed.
- Demonstrates strong judgment, political astuteness, and sensitivity to cultural diversity.
- Possesses strong project management and interpersonal skills, makes sound decisions, and exhibits initiative and intuitive thinking. Consulted often by others for advice and opinions and recognized as a leadership role model.
- Participates in major business initiatives and pro-actively advises and assists the business on change initiatives.
- Frequently involved in matters that require complex judgments and solutions based on sophisticated analytical thought such as identifying solutions for a variety of complex and novel audit control issues.
- Analyzes reporting findings; recommends appropriate interventions where needed.
- Proposes creative and pragmatic solutions for risk and control problems.
- Partners with Directors and Managing Directors to develop approaches for addressing broader corporate emerging issues.
- Serves as lead reviewer for all types of reviews, including the most complex.
- Reviews and approves Business Monitoring Quarterly Summaries.
- BA/BS or equivalent. Related certifications (CPA, ACA, CFA, CIA, CISA, CRCM or similar) are a plus.
- Senior level (8+ years) experience in a related role with experience in business, functional and people management, with proven abilities in taking responsibility for executing concurrently on a portfolio of high quality deliverables to stakeholders according to strict timetables.
- Specific subject matter expertise regarding Compliance Risk Management Framework principles, OCC Heightened Standards requirements, SR 08-8, and the regulatory environment of large complex financial institutions.
- Demonstrates experience in managing teams and managing integrated Internal Audit and assurance delivery within a matrix-reporting environment.
- Effective negotiation skills, a proactive and 'no surprises' approach in communicating issues and strength in sustaining independent views.
- This individual must be an articulate and effective communicator, both orally and in writing, with an energetic, charismatic and approachable style.
Strong interpersonal skills for interfacing with all levels of internal and external audit and management.
- Masters degree preferred
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - US
Time Type :Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.