Senior Java developer (AVP level)
Regional Municipality of Peel, Canada
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citis Mission and Value Proposition explain what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients and the publics trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
The position is required to care for day to day delivery work, embracing a robust agile process implementation, identifying epic/story risks and work on risk mitigation. This role will report to Technology Team lead in Mississauga, Canada.
Candidate will work independently bring positive interpersonal relationship with others in communication and problem solving including with colleagues in other departments
Applies technology skills and knowledge of the business to bring meaningful impact to meet client and business needs
The candidatewill contribute to complex and variable issues with substantial potential impact, weighing various alternatives and balancing potentially conflicting needs
Requires good analytical skills in order to filter, prioritize and validate potentially complex material from multiple sources
- Requirement gathering & understanding, effort estimation, technical design, project planning and monitoring in Agile environment
- Work proactively & independently to address project requirements, and articulate issues/challenges with enough lead time to address project delivery risks
- Providing expertise in technical analysis and solving technical issues during project delivery
- Customer interfacing - understand customer requirements, propose technical solutions
- Full Software Development Lifecycle (Agile)
- Code reviews, test case reviews and ensure code developed meets the requirements
- Component Design/ Coding/ Unit Testing/ Debugging / Test Driven Development / Continuous Integration
- Carry out adaptive changes necessitated by changes in Business Requirements and Technology
- Level 3 Support for Franchise Critical Applications
- Strong knowledge of Java, Linux and Database.
- Knowledge of design methodologies; design of complex multi-dimensional schema, (Design patterns)
- Knowledge of Java is would be a big plus
- 5+ yrs. working experience in Javaand Linux
- Investment Banking Experience preferred, Strong SQL/Database. Able to work independently, good communication skills, has Knowledge of design methodologies
- Strong SQL Experience (table structures, data)
- Unit Testing Experience / Integration testing Experience (Cucumber etc.)
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science & Engineering. Masters Degree in Computer Science & Engineering is a plus
Candidate should be willing to work early morning hours NY time on need basis in order to interact with India team and to meet urgent requests by Clients
Citi Canada is an equal opportunity employer. Accordingly, we will make accommodations to respond to the needs of people with disabilities (including, without limitation, physical and mental health disabilities) during the recruitment process and otherwise in accordance with law. Individuals who view themselves as Aboriginals, members of visible minority or racialized communities, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - CA
Time Type :Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.