Senior Vice President, FP&A Group Manager - Expense Lead for Markets & Securities Services
New York, NY
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citis Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients and the publics trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
Global Markets & Securities Services Franchise Background:
Markets and Securities Services serves client needs for underwriting, sales and trading, distribution, research and analysis across various asset classes and currencies, sectors and industries, covering a vast array of products and leveraging trading floors located in over 80 countries
Citi Global Markets and Securities Services provides world-class solutions that are as diverse as the needs of the corporates, institutions, governments, and individual investors we serve in 160 countries and territories. The breadth, depth, and strength of our underwriting, sales and trading, and distribution capabilities span asset classes and currencies, sectors and industries, covering a vast array of products.
On trading floors located in over 80 countries and jurisdictions, we work around the clock to enrich the relationships, products, liquidity, and technology that define our market-making presence in North America, Asia, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Latin America.
Our research and analysis offer the highest-quality corporate, sector, economic, and geographical insights - from equity and fixed income research to market and product analysis helping individual and institutional clients navigate a complex global marketplace.
- Develop and lead the expense forecasting process for each of the account lines and for all of Markets products
- Provide thought leadership & insights for regular senior management financial performance and strategy reviews (e.g., Monthly or Quarterly Business Reviews, Outlooks, Plan, MYF, etc.)
- Lead in developing compelling executive presentations that recommend fact based and supported courses of action for decision makers
- Partner with Business Teams, LFOs and functional partners to identify significant opportunities to drive productivity ideas and projects for optimization
- In partnership with the Markets LFOs, Markets FP&A, and ICG Sector FP&A teams, lead various expense projects to enhance efficiency of Citis financial processes and increase the informative value of the content provided to senior management
- Develop and maintain rigorous project plans and manage tactical project needs, including resource requirements, relationship management and task management
- Oversight, coaching and development of the team across offices in NY, Mumbai and Costa Rica
- This individual should possess knowledge in Institution Client Group and financial forecasting
- Be capable of multitasking & prioritizing in a changing work environment
- Should possess effective analytical and communication skills, both verbal & written
- Technically proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, and preferable in Hyperion and IFW
- Be inquisitive, and poses a desire to continue to learn about the Markets business
- Critical thinking and problem solving to drive qualitative and quantitative analysis, formulate hypotheses, and identify solutions
- Build collaborative relationships various partners and influence senior stakeholders on path forward
- Structure and execute own workstream and deliverables
Ability to anticipate issues and put mitigating strategies in place
BS in Economics, Finance, Accounting, or related field
- 8+ years of relevant experience
- Exceptional analytical skills, with the ability to deliver analyses in a concise and logical manner
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong project management skills, and a strong team player
- Experience with global operating model design, product and process transformation, financial planning & analysis and business case development, change management, relationship management, and/or strategy formulation and implementation with global financial institutions
Proficient in Excel and Power Point; other analysis and visualization tools a plus
Experience in working with cross-functional team preferred
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - US
Time Type :
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.