SVP, Credit Review Senior Manager - Consumer
Fundamental Credit Risk (FCR) provides independent, objective, reliable, valued, and timely assurance to the Boards of Directors of Citigroup and Citibank, the Risk Management Committees, the Citigroup Chief Risk Officer, the Citigroup Chief Credit Officer, senior management, and regulators over the effectiveness of credit risk management and the ability of the Business and Independent Risk to identify, monitor, and mitigate current and emerging credit risks across Citigroup and Citibank.
The Credit Review Senior Manager is responsible for independently managing all aspects of his or her assigned Review Entities. Responsibilities include execution of Business Monitoring and Reviews in accordance with the FCR Manual, monitoring and evaluation of GCB Consumer Bank portfolios, strategies, and credit risks, assessment of the effectiveness of credit risk management of assigned businesses, proposal of pragmatic solutions to risk and control issues, and maintaining ongoing contact with a Review Entitys management through continuous Business Monitoring and corrective action follow-up where applicable.
- Management of assigned FCR Review Entities through quarterly Business Monitoring and periodic Reviews
- Assessment of the quality of assigned portfolios and entities, including identification and evaluation of emerging risks
- Assessment of the appropriateness of ratings of the assigned entities
- Assessment of the appropriateness, completeness, and usage trends of the credit risk components of the Risk Appetite Framework for assigned Review Entities
- Assessment of the effectiveness of the credit risk processes and standards of assigned review entities to promote leading practices and identify opportunities for improvements
- Assessment of Business and Risk staffing levels to determine the effects on assigned Review Entities
- Preparation of Credit Assessment Documents in accordance with and at the quality standards required by the FCR Manual and Review Guides
- Use tools and techniques, including sampling and transactional testing, to effectively identify and assess adherence to credit policies as well as risk trends
- Approval of testing prepared by FCR Credit Risk Analysts and Guest Reviewers
- Evaluation of the appropriateness of Corrective Action Plans resulting from Reviews or Business Monitoring, and subsequent validation of the effectiveness of the same after implementation by the Business
- Accountability for the quality and consistency of work products that include Credit Assessment Documents, Sample Rationale Documents, and Fundamental Credit Review Reports created for the assigned Review Entities
- Support of Credit Review Managers, Credit Review Portfolio Managers, Region Heads, and FCR Management on regional and/or global tasks
- Proactive communication to Credit Review Portfolio Managers and FCR senior management of any concerns and/or emerging risks that may jeopardize the assigned Review Entities
- Travel required (15% to 25%)
- 10 + years previous experience required
- Demonstrable financial services experience including 5-6 years of credit experience in Risk Management for retail banking businesses,
- Good knowledge of retail banking products and their credit cycle
- Experience managing Bankcards portfolios
- Fully conversant in credit policy matters with proven sound judgment
- Regulatory experience or relevant experience in a similar role at another institution is desirable
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to identify root causes and trends and anticipate horizon issues
- Strong project management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate clearly and concisely to audiences of varying levels of seniority
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Access, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Proficient in use of statistical tools and methodology in understanding / analyzing portfolio credit risk and for sample selection
BA/BSc or higher in business, finance, or a related field
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - US
Time Type :Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.