SVP, Credit Review Senior Officer I
Global Risk Review (GRR) provides independent, objective, reliable, valued and timely assurance to the Boards, the Committees, the Citigroup Chief Risk Officer, the Citigroup Chief Credit Officer, senior management and regulators over the effectiveness of credit, capital and collateral risk management and the ability of the Business and independent Risk Management to identify, monitor and mitigate current and emerging risks. The Credit Review Senior Officer is responsible for executing Business Monitoring and Credit Reviews of Institutional Client Group (particularly within Banking & Capital Markets), Citi Commercial Bank, and Citi Private Bank businesses in the Americas region.
- Assesses the effectiveness of credit risk management at Citi and the ability of the Business and Independent Risk to identify, monitor and mitigate current and emerging credit risks across Citigroup and Citibank.
- Management of regional Financial Credit Review (FCR) Review Entities through quarterly Business Monitoring and periodic Reviews
- Assessment of the quality of assigned portfolios and relationships, including identification and evaluation of emerging risks
- Assessment of the quality and adequacy of credit analysis and exposure analysis as well as accuracy and appropriateness of risk ratings and classifications of corporate, commercial and high-net worth relationships
- Assessment of the effectiveness of the credit risk processes and standards of assigned Review Entities to promote leading practices and identify opportunities for improvements
- Assessment of Business and Risk staffing levels to assess the effects on assigned Review Entities
- Preparation of Credit Assessment Documents in accordance with and at the quality standards required by the FCR Manual and Review Guides
- Approval of relationship-level file testing prepared by FCR Credit Risk Analysts and Guest Reviewers
- Evaluation of the appropriateness of Corrective Action Plans resulting from Reviews or Business Monitoring, and subsequent validation of the effectiveness of the same after implementation by the Business
- Accountability for the quality and consistency of work products that include Credit Assessment Documents, Sample Rationale Documents, and Fundamental Credit Review Reports created for the assigned Review Entities
- Assists Credit Review Portfolio Managers, Regional Directors, and FCR Management on regional and/or global tasks
- Proactive communication to Credit Review Portfolio Managers and FCR Senior Management of any concerns and/or emerging risks that may jeopardize the assigned Review Entities
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
Travel required (25%)
- 10+ years previous experience required
- Work experience in Banking, Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business Administration or similar with Credit or financial statement analysis experience.
- Advanced analytical skills, with the ability to identify root causes and trends and anticipate horizon issues.
- Fully conversant in credit policy matters.
- Good knowledge of capital markets products, including derivatives.
- Ability to recognize emerging risks, including operational risk.
- Expert in risk analysis and risk management processes for one or more products and lending areas.
- Developed project management skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Proven ability to build and maintain relationships and exert influence without direct authority.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate clearly and concisely to audiences of varying levels of seniority
- Senior Credit Officer qualification preferred. Regulatory experience or relevant experience in a similar role at another institution is desirable.
- Language skills preferred, depending on region.
Knowledge of Citi's organization and systems preferred.
- Bachelors/University degree, Masters degree preferred
- Senior Credit Officer designation preferred.
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - US
Time Type :Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.