Technology Regulatory Reporting Analyst
The candidate is expected to be well rounded and comfortable with technology as well as understanding the business and regulatory needs in Japan. The successful candidate will work closely with local and global application development teams, Operations, Middle Office, Compliance, Internal Audit, and the Problem Management Team. Additionally, the candidate is expected to directly liaise, by phone and by email in Japanese, with the regulatory agencies in Japan to report and provide follow-ups of system incidents. S/He should be technically astute, well organized, pro-active and be comfortable discussing issues with all levels of the organization including senior executives; possess excellent multi-tasking skills; and act with a sense of urgency.
- Work closely with Production Support, Application Teams, application development teams, Regulatory Liaison Team, the business and Compliance, gathering system incident and impact details, developing documentation for internal and external communications. S/he will continue with follow-ups to document and communicate root cause, next steps, and resolution status.
- Communicate directly with the Japan regulatory agency(s) (e.g., FSA) of the system incidents and act as the liaison, tracking their questions, gathering information, and developing documentation to respond to their questions.
- Develop processes to ensure consistency in the way information is collected, reports are formatted, and cadence for which the communications and follow-ups are conducted.
- Adept in driving consensus across a diverse group of people.
- Maintain a record of the issues reported/not reported to regulatory bodies with adequate evidence, and effectively track the tasks recorded as part of the commitment in the communication.
- Possess the leadership skills to hold those with deliverables pertaining to the incident accountable.
- Engage with Compliance and Internal Audit teams to drive continuous improvement in the reporting processes.
- Ensure control frameworks are in place for the responsibilities/tasks.
- 10-12 years experience working in technology within the Financial Industry (FI).
- Experience of interacting with Internal Audit, Compliance, and FI Regulators.
- Understanding of problem management methodologies. Knowledge/experience of problem management tools
- Experience using call/ticketing software
- Good knowledge in an area of Markets business (Equities, FX, Fixed Income, Back office settlements, clearing services) or TTS (Treasury and trade solutions).
- Possess basic understanding of technology infrastructure and application designs
- Must possess a sense of urgency
- Strong Japanese communication skills both oral and written.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Strong organizational skills
- Self-motivated, curious, and a tenacious problem solver
- Lead and take ownership of regulatory tech incident reporting process.
- Native Japanese language skills
- English language skills - Fluent both orally and written
- Team player and affable
- Bachelors/University degree, Masters degree preferred
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - JP
Time Type :Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.