Testing Senior Manager
Belfast, United Kingdom
The Testing Senior Manager accomplishes results through the management of professional team(s) and department(s). Integrates subject matter and industry expertise within a defined area. Contributes to standards around which others will operate. Requires in-depth understanding of how areas collectively integrate within the sub-function as well as coordinate and contribute to the objectives of the entire function. Requires basic commercial awareness. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers. Has responsibility for volume, quality, timeliness and delivery of end results of an area. May have responsibility for planning, budgeting and policy formulation within area of expertise. Involved in short-term planning resource planning. Full management responsibility of a team, which may include management of people, budget and planning, to include duties such as performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary and terminations and may include budget approval. Manages initiatives related to User Acceptance Testing (UAT) process and product rollout into production. Testing specialists who work with technology project managers, UAT professionals and users to design and implement appropriate scripts/plans for an application testing strategy/approach. Responsibilities may also include software quality assurance testing.
- Develops and designs standards and procedures, ensures that they are adhered to throughout the software development life cycle.
- Manages organizational process change.
- Develops and implements methods for cost, effort and milestones of IT Quality activities.
- Strives for continuous improvements and streamlining of processes.
- Ensures consistency and quality of processes across the organization.
- Manages one or more testing teams.
- Deals with complex and highly variable issues.
- Collaborates with client leads and development organizations and partners with business users.
- Evaluates subordinates' performance and makes decisions on pay increases, promotions, terminations, etc.
- Analyzes trends at an organizational level to improve processes; follows and analyzes industry trends.
- Exhibits in-depth understanding of concepts and procedures within own area and basic knowledge of these elements in other areas.
- Requires in-depth understanding of how own area integrates within IT testing and has basic commercial awareness.
- Uses evaluative judgment in complicated or novel situations, uses multiple sources of information. Impacts IT testing through delivery of end results and contribution to planning, finances/budget and formulation of policies.
- Management responsibility for a team or multiple teams, including management of people, budget and planning, performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary actions and terminations and budget approval.
- Produces performance testing workload definition and analysis, factoring in known or projected volumes and transaction mix, to ensure coverage of critical business transactions.
- Performs other duties and functions as assigned.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 6-10 years project management experience or experience leading large scale transformational, global change.
- In-depth understanding of Systems Development Life Cycle processes
- Thorough understanding of end to end testing processes, Quality Center and other testing related tools
- Requires communication and diplomacy skills and an ability to persuade and influence.
- Bachelors/University degree, Masters degree preferred
Application Overview Citi Clarity is an innovative new product offering within the Data & Analytics business. Clarity has multiple UI offerings with the main functionality focused on Qlik Dashboards and Graphical Reporting. The offering is unique in natural as it covers multiple different content streams, which give exposure to multiple LoBs. Clarity services both internal Operations clients as well as external clients.
- Primary point of Clarity UI applications where QA offering is in place i.e. Core/Dashboard/Reporting
- Definition and implementation of QA transformation within the application offering
- Engagement with Product stakeholders to manage QA BoW/prioritisation across all assigned applications
- Management and personal development of all assigned manual and technical resources
- Responsible for implementing SST standardisation initiatives
- Responsible for reporting test status to senior project stakeholders
- Quality Control for assigned strategic application releases
- Contribute to the implementation of the Global Test Strategy
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - GB
Time Type :
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.