Associate Cloud Operations Engineer
Reach New Heights
As the leading cloud solutions provider, were on a mission to elevate technology and people so you can reach new heights.
Yes, you. Empowering people to keep growing, learning and succeeding is what we do for our customers and colleagues alike.
As a Cloudreacher youll belong to a diverse and dynamic growing global community, play an integral role in shaping an industry at the forefront of technological transformation, and receive constant opportunities to progress in your career.
We passionately believe that innovation is something thats lived and breathed. Our culture isnt a nice-to-have but key to who we are and what we can deliver. When we look ahead, we see a bright future.
You too? Lets talk.
Which team will you be part of?
Cloud Operations are our team of super-human Engineers who support our customers cloud infrastructure as a managed service.
We have an awesome Bi-Modal service that offers our customers peace of mind with enterprise level, ITIL driven support, as well as offer all the agile advantages that DevOps and Automation provides. They get their hands dirty across a wide range of technologies including AWS, Azure, Linux, MS SQL, Chef, Splunk, Lambda and and many more.
What will your role be?
The Associate Cloud Operations Engineer's main role is to delight our customers by helping resolve issues in a timely manner and always engaging in a cloudy way. They act as the first point of contact for customers calling the Service Desk, triaging calls and delegating tasks to the various teams within Cloudreach.
What are we looking for?
- A Degree in a relevant subject and/or some fantastic work experience to talk about.
- Passion for technology, in particular the Cloud. If you think I cant wait to get stuck into this new stuff! this could be the best job you ever had.
- We are a top tier partner for AWS, Azure & Google Cloud so any certifications would be a big bonus.
- Autonomy - Usually follows defined procedures, but knows when a situation requires divergence from these, and when to ask for assistance.
- Collaboration - Actively shares skills and knowledge with peers and builds productive relationships.
- Incident management - Able to prioritise activities during incidents, can respond and escalate accordingly.
- Customer focus - Handles customer calls professionally and effectively, understanding the customer's goals.
- Diagnosis and troubleshooting - Uses defined tools and procedures to identify and resolve well understood categories of issues.
- Cloud - Understands basic structure of cloud platforms and how customer systems fit into them.
- Systems engineering track - Undertanding of the following: machine fundamentals, operating systems, networking, distributed systems, scripting
- Software engineering track - Understanding of the following: algorithms & data structures, languages, coding, runtimes, software system design, APIs
What youll get:
Becoming a Cloudreacher gives you much more than a job title. We reward your skills and expertise by delivering value back, through the Cloudy Deal:
- Compensation & Wellbeing: We base your total compensation on the skills, knowledge and behaviors you bring to Cloudreach and aspire to provide flexible benefits, enabling you to achieve a work-life balance that helps you thrive.
- High Impact: We want you to make a personal impact: delivering results that help grow the business and make a difference to our customers, your colleagues and your community. Job satisfaction at its best.
- Career Development: You'll find constant opportunities to take on new roles and grow with Cloudreach, as well as training, coaching, and continuous feedback to boost your expertise and give you career-enhancing skills.
- Culture & Engagement: We have a dynamic and inclusive working environment built for collaboration, flexibility, openness and fun, with managers who listen, engage and empower your actions.
- Recharging your batteries: When you need time to recharge, our uncapped holiday allowance will do the trick.
- Feeding your mind: Expand your mind through our excellent learning platforms and become a fully-fledged Cloudreacher before you know it.
- Taking care of your body: We help take care of your body through our health and wellness programmes, and sustain you throughout the day with snacks and drinks from our well-stocked kitchens.
- Lifting your spirit: Our dynamic workspaces are designed to accommodate individual working styles, complete with pool tables and beanbags for more playful moments.
- Giving you flexibility: Youll feel immediately plugged in with a brand new Macbook and smartphone for the office and beyond, helping you work where and how you want.
- Connecting you: Our regular Cloudy Lunches bring everyone together to bond over a plate or two of free food.
We strive to remove barriers, eliminate discrimination and ensure equal opportunity through our transparent recruitment process. We are open to all groups of people without regard to age, disability, marital status, gender identity, race, colour, sexual orientation, religion, military status, veteran status or any other legally-protected characteristic