Cloud Software Engineer
Reach New Heights
As the leading cloud solutions provider, were on a mission to elevate technology and people so YOU can reach new heights.
Empowering people to keep growing, learning and succeeding is what we do for our customers and colleagues alike.
As a Cloudreacher youll belong to a diverse and dynamic growing global community, play an integral role in shaping an industry at the forefront of technological transformation, and receive constant opportunities to progress in your career.
We passionately believe that innovation is something thats lived and breathed. Our culture isnt a nice-to-have but key to who we are and what we can deliver. When we look ahead, we see a bright future.
You too? Lets talk.
Which team will you be part of?
Our Cloud Enablement team helps provide consultative, architectural, program and engineering support for our customers' journeys to the cloud. The word 'Enablement' was chosen carefully, to encompass the idea that we support and encourage a collaborative approach to cloud adoption, sharing best practices, helping change the culture of teams and strategic support to ensure success. Our Cloud Architects play a key role in designing and delivering innovative cloud solutions to our customers.
What will your role be?
As a Cloud Software Engineer you will be a key member of our Cloud Enablement team and will help drive the development of production applications and tools for Cloudreach customers, including but not limited to the modernization of existing applications. The engineer will be working in accordance with Cloudreach development methodologies and leveraging industry best practices, tools, and infrastructure to deliver high quality end products.
- Create well-designed, documented, and tested software features that meets customer product requirements.
- Review business requirements identified by the engagement manager and communicated via the customer product backlog and participate in the clarification of features and estimates within the Scrum process. Ensure deviations from requirements are clearly documented and agreed with the project manager prior to completion.
- Take responsibility for the technical quality of the features delivered across the team, including documentation, testing strategies, and code.
- Identify and address product bugs, deficiencies, and performance bottlenecks.
- Remain up-to-date on emerging technologies and architecture and propose ways to use them in current and upcoming projects.
- Leverage technical knowledge to cut scope while maintaining or achieving the overall goals of the product.
- Leverage technical knowledge to improve the quality and efficiency of product applications and tools.
- Technical leadership on client projects. You will be regarded as a technical authority and work closely with the Architects on site to map out approaches to interesting problems.
- This is a senior role, so part of the role will include mentorship of a team of budding Engineers.
What are we looking for?
- 5+ Years' experience as a Full Stack Software Engineer
- Experience using existing libraries, frameworks, and RESTful APIs to create complex applications.
- Experience using code management and revision services such as Github and Bitbucket
- Familiarity with Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery.
- Ability to drive a feature or bug fix from discovery through to a stable deployment to production.
- Strong communication skills for documenting workflows, tools, or complex areas of a codebase.
- A desire to contribute to team growth and development and to be the technical point of reference for that team.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment and multi-task efficiently.
- Ability to work and collaborate in a team.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
What youll get:
Becoming a Cloudreacher gives you much more than a job title. We reward your skills and expertise by delivering value back, through the Cloudy Deal:
- Compensation & Wellbeing: We base your total compensation on the skills, knowledge and behaviors you bring to Cloudreach and aspire to provide flexible benefits, enabling you to achieve a work-life balance that helps you thrive
- High Impact: We want you to make a personal impact: delivering results that help grow the business and make a difference to our customers, your colleagues and your community. Job satisfaction at its best.
- Career Development: You'll find constant opportunities to take on new roles and grow with Cloudreach, as well as training, coaching, and continuous feedback to boost your expertise and give you career-enhancing skills.
- Culture & Engagement: We have a dynamic and inclusive working environment built for collaboration, flexibility, openness and fun, with managers who listen, engage and empower your actions.
- Recharging your batteries: When you need time to recharge, our uncapped holiday allowance will do the trick.
- Feeding your mind: Expand your mind through our excellent learning platforms and become a fully-fledged Cloudreacher before you know it.
- Taking care of your body: We help take care of your body through our health and wellness programs, and sustain you throughout the day with snacks and drinks from our well-stocked kitchens.
- Lifting your spirit: Our dynamic workspaces are designed to accommodate individual working styles, complete with pool tables and beanbags for more playful moments.
- Giving you flexibility: Youll feel immediately plugged in with a Macbook and smartphone for the office and beyond, helping you work where and how you want.
- Connecting you: Our regular Cloudy Lunches bring everyone together to bond over a plate or two of free food.
We strive to remove barriers, eliminate discrimination and ensure equal opportunity through our transparent recruitment process. We are open to all groups of people without regard to age, disability, marital status, gender identity, race, colour, sexual orientation, religion, military status, veteran status or any other legally-protected characteristic