Software Engineering Manager (Santa Monica, CA)
Los Angeles County, CA
As a key member of the Application Development team, this individual will be responsible for the execution and delivery of high quality, modern software within an agile environment. The right candidate will be intelligent, able to learn quickly, a team player, achievement focused, meticulous in detail, flexible and innovative in their approach to tackling varied testing challenges, and will always strive to improve the quality of their team. This individual will view himself/herself as a true professional in the software field.
Success in this role will provide a host of additional opportunities for technical and professional growth. Experience in a startup environment or on global software team is preferred.
In this role you will...
- Lead several teams of software engineers in the Application Development group
- Provide mentorship and guidance to the team members to achieve highest levels of quality and productivity
- Collaborate with QA and Product teams to release software in a timely fashion
- Quickly become an expert on the product architecture and workflows
- Design and develop enterprise level multi-tiered software using Microsoft and open-source technologies
- Drive architectural changes (microservices, AWS, etc)
- Provide production support and troubleshooting
- Setup goals, review progress and discuss career advancement with team members
- Communicate issues or project details effectively with direct reports, peers and managers
- Perform other software development and management-related duties
- ... and being the rockstar you are, will be willing to take on additional responsibilities as needed
Youve got what it takes if you have...
- A bachelors degree in Computer Science or Engineering related field or relevant job experience
- Extensive application development experience, preferably in a SaaS environment using Microsoft technologies
- 5+ years of web-based application experience
- Experience with SOA/microservice architecture
- Strong experience managing teams of developers
- Experience with Continuous Delivery
- Strong problem solving skills and a detail-oriented mindset
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Proven understanding of agile SDLC
- AWS experience highly preferred