A significant role as Accountant Entity Controller for Credit Suisse's US based operating entities which involves:
• Posting of month end accounting journal entries across different products (https://e.g. Derivatives, Repos, Stock loan Borrow etc.) impacting external Financial Reporting for AMS Branch entities and Regulatory Reporting to the Federal Reserve Bank (among other regulators).
• Acting as first point of contact for legal entity accounting issues/matters and acting as a financial controller for list of entities assigned
• Responsibility for various disclosure reporting requirements for these entities from a head office, financial statement and regulatory reporting perspective under US GAAP
• Responsibility for compliance with GAAP and regulatory requirements
• Providing business requirements in support of infrastructure updates due to changes in ac-counting requirements as a result of new/revised regulations or GAAP
• Managing relationships with Credit Suisse management in New York, Zurich and Pune and other CS departments (https://e.g. Operations, Product Control), and liaison as necessary with ex-ternal business partners (auditors, regulators)
Credit Suisse maintains a Working Flexibility Policy, subject to the terms as set forth in the Credit Suisse United States Employment Handbook
Your future colleagues
Financial Accounting (FA) is a globally distributed team responsible for the core accounting and financial statement disclosure reporting for the major legal entities within the Credit Suisse Group. The FA Americas team based in Raleigh is a strong team responsible for the core income statement and balance sheet accounting, results analysis / presentation, disclosure reporting, financial statement preparation and regulatory reporting for Credit Suisse’s US Intermediate Holding Company and its subsidiaries as well as Credit Suisse’s New York and Cayman Branches. We are a department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm’s D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global cultural values.
We are looking for highly motivated applicants with Bachelor's or Master’s Degree in or relating to Finance (qualified CPA and/or experience in Banking or Financial Services is a plus).
· Prior knowledge of preparation of USGAAP or IFRS Cash flow disclosures will be an added advantage
· Be a self-starter with a positive and high-energy approach
· Possess effective social skills, problem solving and analytical skills
· Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel
· Detailed understanding of basic accounting principles and proven track record to easily navigate through and work with voluminous spreadsheets
· Show initiative with phenomenal dedication to learn, and to multi-task while meeting timelines
· Be able to work optimally as part of a team and independently
· Demonstrate proactive approach to understanding and upholding high standards of control