or Community Engagement`
Plans, coordinates, and directs quality control program designed to ensure continuous production of concrete and aggregate products consistent with established standards by performing the following duties. Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Responsible for own personal safety at all times, as well as maintaining the highest standard of safety and quality in all aspects of the job. Be familiar with and follow the CRH Life Saving Rules
- Promotes a safe and productive working environment with a sustainable safety culture.
- Adhere to and follow all safety rules and regulations of MSHA/OSHA/DOT and Pennsy Supply, Inc.
- Provide leadership and direction to the Quality Control team to ensure high quality, efficiency, and service.
- Supports development of line of business strategy leveraging Quality Control to maximize cost and plant efficiency and development of operational and market strategies.
- Build and maintain standards for quality control processes.
- Monitor quality assurance testing and provide updates to General Manager.
- Drive Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Formulate and maintain quality assurance objectives and coordinate objectives with production procedures in cooperation with operations to maximize product reliability and minimize cost.
- Plan, promote, and organize training activities related to asphalt and RMC products quality and reliability.
- Maintains continual awareness of changes in the production process and evaluates their impact on the quality of product. Recommends processing changes.
- Oversee NECEPT Certification program and schedule training/certifications/recertifications as needed.
- Collaborate with sales team to resolve customer and agency issues and to be proactive on projects.
- Visit projects and engage with customers and crew to ensure we are providing quality product and continuously improving.
- Support pre-bid planning.
- Collaborate with agencies including PennDOT, township and other third party assigned by owners to be proactive in producing and resolving any issues that arise.
- Participate in and support committees as needed including Divisional Performance Committees.
- Set QC spec bands for aggregate materials supporting HMA & RMC products.
- Engage with site quarry supers on spec results and adjustments for in-process materials timely.
- Familiar with mine planning and mining operations
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university OR five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- PennDOT aggregate certified or related.
- Must have valid PA driver’s license.
- Must be able to work with customers and employees; have teamwork attitude.
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Able to work various times during day, night or weekend hours, at various locations.
- Able to train and direct Technicians.
- Able to have set-up knowledge and to show leadership qualities.
- Ability to prepare present and explain financial data to leadership.
- Knowledge and understanding of functional areas within aggregates and sales.
- Ability to work with peers and other members of management team from all lines of business to achieve progress towards mutual goals.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and exemplary oral/written communication skills.
- Energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards and ability to present themselves professionally.
- Strategic visionary with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment and strong operational focus.
- Experience in strategic planning and execution.
- Demonstrated success in managing large group of employees.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Project management skills.
- High standard of ethics, integrity, and trust.
- Strong work ethic and high standards for safety in the workplace.
- Proven ability to develop relationships and to work with teams as both a leader and a participant.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills; building rapport, listening, presenting, giving and receiving feedback.
- Ability to communicate with state and local representatives.
- Must be available as needed during non-traditional work hours.
- Must be able to work independently and with groups.
- Must be able to work under time constraints as needed.
- Must be 18 years in age or older.
- Must submit to a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Mobility to attend various meetings and events at offsite locations
- Hours are extended throughout the year to include nights and weekends when necessary
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This chart outlines the physical requirements necessary to perform the duties of this job.
- Repetitive Motion
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in an office environment. The employee continuously works with others.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
This chart outlines the potential work environment the employees may be exposed to while performing the duties of this job.
- Hot Weather
- Cold Weather
- Wet Weather
- Exposed to Noise
- Exposed to High Heat
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Pennsy Supply, Inc. proudly supports Affirmative Action, is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to workforce diversity. Pennsy Supply, Inc. is a drug-free work environment
What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A diverse and inclusive culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Pennsy Supply, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.