l as sub contractors engaged in spreading, rolling, tamping, and patching asphalt or similar materials. The Paving Superintendent will be working primarily on private and commercial projects to include: parking lots, developments and driveways.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures the safety of crew members and the public who may interact with job.
- Trains Asphalt Foremen and new crew members.
- Calculates the number of trucks required to haul asphalt from the hot plant according to vehicle capacity, traffic conditions, distance from work site, and productivity of drivers.
- Tours job sites to ascertain progress in meeting time schedules, to detect insufficient utilization of workers and equipment, ensure slope and material thickness to verify compliance with contracts, and to supervise the job.
- Supervises and coordinates crew activities, studies production schedules, and estimates work requirements for completion of job assignment in compliance with or beating the job estimate.
- Maintains time and materials records necessary to complete daily job costing, prepares progress reports material used, cost and adjusts work schedule accordingly.
- Maintains company policies.
- Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, product quality, and crew performance.
- Will directly supervise multiple crews.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED) required and 3 years plus of related asphalt and paving experience or an equivalent combination of education and training.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals to compute rate, ratio, percent, and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to type and use keyboards accurately and possess knowledge of database software.
- Ability to operate equipment safely and efficiently.
- Ability to keep time and material records.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instruction and communicate effectively.
- Excellent interpersonal and supervisory skills and attributes.
What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A diverse and inclusive culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Preferred Materials, Inc., a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.