to create and apply an effective sales strategy. Reporting to the BC Sales Manager, this role’s responsibilities will include maintaining existing business, generating leads, creating new business, increasing customer orders, and developing customer relationships; the selected candidate must be fully bilingual in English and either Mandarin or Punjabi.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the Oldcastle products and services to identify those Strategic Accounts and related projects that have the potential to use our products
- Develop an expertise of strategic account processes (https://e.g., business development, project management, economics) and communicate to internal and external stakeholders as appropriate
- Build an internal network by establishing a trusting relationship with key divisional decision makers and sales professionals within the local So Cal Oldcastle business units
- Develop partnerships with Strategic Accounts and educate that team on the value of early Oldcastle involvement on significant commercial construction projects
- Take a proactive approach to determine what significant commercial projects are coming down the pipeline that could offer opportunity for the various Oldcastle divisions to offer products and services
- Offer insight to Strategic Accounts on the ability of Oldcastle to develop distinctive, project/customer specific offerings to further strengthen partnerships
- Deep understanding, hands-on knowledge and appreciation of developer, design, and contractor economics, processes and needs
- Ability and experience navigating through various agencies and associations for product acceptance and promotion of products and services
- Ability to build and maintain strong internal relationships
- Ability to independently analyze developer/contractor/design strategies and needs to articulate supplier value proposition
- Comfort with working across a large range of products and having the poise to know when to call on the internal Oldcastle network for assistance
- Strong influencing skills; ability to drive results and revenue in a matrix environment as an influencer, not ultimate decision maker on customer transactions
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, Business, Architecture or related field or equivalent experience
- 10+ years working in same or parallel Construction products and services organization
- 5+ years of experience in Construction Management, Estimating, Bid Development or related field
- Recent experience as a Project Manager, Business Development Leader
- Base salary is $85,000 - $95,000
- Eligible for commission
What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A diverse and inclusive culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Oldcastle APG, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.