onomy. To accomplish this, the role will support the business with expert knowledge on life cycle analysis (LCA), environmental product declarations (EPD) and regulations & policy relating to sustainable construction which will help accelerate the portfolio evolution required to realize CRH´s sustainability targets. In addition, they will support the business in evaluating potential opportunities and impacts associated with product decarbonization and market initiatives.
In medium term, they will also provide analysis and engage in strategy development relating to other sustainable solutions under the three main pillars of the sustainability framework, decarbonization, waste and water.
- Support the business in the evolution of the product portfolio necessary to align with CRH carbon reduction, circular economy and broader sustainability targets.
- Analise and evaluate potential opportunities and impacts associated with product decarbonization and market initiatives such as green procurement, branding initiatives linked to sustainability.
- Support the business in the production and marketing of low carbon solutions.
- Evaluate scenarios to feed into broader CRH product decarbonization strategy.
- Support the business to move from low carbon product to a low carbon solution design, when needed.
- Assist in the development of new KPIs to drive sustainable solutions and track the evolution of our product portfolio.
- Support the business in the publication and use of EPDs.
- Assess education needs and design tools to support training activities in the business with respect to sustainable construction and LCA.
- Manage OneCRH communities of practice to promote sharing of best practice in low carbon and other sustainable solutions initiatives.
- Advise and assist in the development of CRH positioning on standards and regulations related to sustainable construction.
- Represent CRH on industry associations and in wider stakeholder bodies regionally and globally, supporting the Sustainable Construction Director.
- Collaborate with innovation and venturing as required to support the development of projects for new sustainable products and solutions.
- In line with the CRH´s purpose, assist in the development of sustainability strategy for new value pools in the market under the 3 main pillars of the sustainability framework.
Projects and responsibilities will be varied and continue to evolve over time as new business needs emerge. The role affords flexibility in terms of remote working and will include travel, both domestic and international.
Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor´s or Master´s or other advanced degree preferred (https://e.g., Engineering, Business, Science) or equivalent job experience.
- 5+ years of professional experience in the construction industry, in areas such as commercial, marketing, technical support, sustainability.
- Good knowledge of construction sector supply chain, products, services, and customers.
- Deep understanding of current sustainability issues and opportunities supported by strong membership of external networks for best practice and knowledge sharing.
- Experience in engaging with industrial organizations, government and non-government linked with construction and sustainability.
- Expertise on setting-up and keeping control of networks involving several firms and industries, controlling knowledge transfer.
- Ability to build effective global relationships to collaborate across the business and drive engagement on sustainable construction.
- Ability to clearly communicate, advise and influence complex issues to a wide, technical and non-technical audience.
- Ability to co-ordinate and lead networks to share best practice including associated IT capability.
- Proven ability to deliver projects and outcomes.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Intellectually curious; focused on continual experimentation, learning, and opportunity identification.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Able to communicate with others by telephone and in person.
- Able to utilize a computer for word processing, email communication, and preparation of documents and presentations.
- May require sitting for extended periods of time.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Usually, normal office working conditions.
- The Atlanta, GA Headquarters offers an open concept, and the noise level is usually quiet.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
- The position may require work outside of normal business hours.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A diverse and inclusive culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
CRH is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.