Job ID: 486811
Oldcastle APG, a CRH company, is a leading global supplier of building and landscaping products. Its product portfolio includes hardscapes and masonry, packaged cement mixes, lawn and garden materials, and composite decking sold through a variety of channels for residential and commercial use. Oldcastle APG is the leading producer of hardscapes in North America and Europe and the innovator behind many of the industry’s well-known brands: Belgard hardscapes, Echelon masonry, Sakrete bagged dry mixes, and MoistureShield composite decking. With over 260 operating locations and approximately 8,500 employees, Oldcastle APG operates across 7 countries in the https://U.S., Canada, and Europe.
$500 Sign on Bonus
The Mulch Color Line Operator plays a key role in achieving company goals by monitoring inputs between the GEM system and colorant scale, following product specific recipes, changing color totes and making needed adjustments to ensure product meets company standards while working safely.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Set up Color Line for startup and changeover, assemble and operate the machine for production, and shut down equipment for clean up
- Completion of production reports with good details: down times, paint usage, quality checks, etc.
- Maintain a clean working area, disposing of waste, cleaning floor and around equipment
- Ensure product quality meets company standards by weighing product, monitor machine settings, complete line check forms, and communicate with other departments
- Troubleshooting and problem solving when necessary
- Assist with maintenance when needed
- Communication with Loader Operator
- Following all safety policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
Requirements, Skills & Qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED is preferred
- Previous manufacturing experience is an asset
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a dedication to quality and safety
- Working as part of a team, often with minimal supervision, while maintaining a positive and respectful workplace
- Abiding by company policies and procedures
- Ability to use critical thinking and problem solving
- Ability to use arithmetic to perform production related calculations
- Previous experience operating a forklift and Skid-steer
- Must be available for day and weekend shifts
- Safety protection is required
- Uniform will be provided
- Exposure to some job-related hazards, including moving mechanical parts and heavy machinery, climbing small ladders, dirty environment, and heavy objects
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to speak or hear
- Standing for extended periods of time
- Must have the ability to lift and/or move up to 65 lbs. from the ground level.
- Capability to perform physical activities that require considerable use of arms, legs, and your whole body – bending, crouching, climbing - using steps and ladders, pushing pulling, stooping and reaching
What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A diverse and inclusive culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Oldcastle APG, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.