lid reputation for market excellence, drawing on a rich history and a strong heritage of quality, stability and innovative leadership in the marketplace. Dufferin Construction is one of the largest heavy civil engineering contractors in the industry, employing over 1000 people.
Dufferin Construction offers a wide range of construction services that cater to the Heavy Civil, Commercial/Industrial, Municipal and Land Development market segments.
- Concrete Construction Services: Concrete paving, roller compacted concrete paving, construction of retaining walls, sidewalks and curbs, barrier walls, cement stabilized base placement and Dufferin-Slipstone extruded wall system.
- Asphalt Construction Services: Asphalt paving, operate ten Asphalt hot mix plants and one portable asphalt plant.
- Excavation and Underground Construction Services: Sewer and watermain, earth excavation, earth borrow and grading and granular placement.
- Structural Construction Services: Bridge structures, retaining walls, structure rehabilitation and cast in place utility structures.
- Environmental Construction Services: Landfill reclamation and rehabilitation, and the manufacturing of recycled granular materials.
- Design Build Construction Services: Participated in some of the largest and most complex projects in the country including Sir Adam Beck Tunnel in Niagara Falls, Highway 407 and the Infield Development project at the Toronto Pearson International Airport.
- Other Construction Services: Airport snow removal.
Why work with us?
Dufferin Construction builds careers. Our door is always open to hire highly skilled and motivated individuals who want to develop to their full potential while playing a key role in our future plans. Solid growth opportunities are available that provide progression from entry level to senior management positions. Our growth and development strategy involves defined practical experience in project management, augmented with annual training programs to accelerate career progression.
Placement Term: 12 - 18-month terms available
Job Location: Central : Toronto
Start date(s): January - May 2024
- Assist the Project Superintendent in planning, coordinating and supervising construction activities including crew and equipment.
- Ensure compliance with the Occupational Health & Safety Act and Regulations for construction projects by implementing the Company’s OH&S management system.
- Maintain and manage plans, specifications, cost, and material estimates, subcontract and related reports.
- Establish, monitor and initiate updates to, construction work schedules.
- Maintain accurate cost control plans by entering daily units of completion and processing timecards and material packing slips for payment and cost control updates.
- Coordinate proper procurement of construction materials ensuring timely delivery and accuracy of purchase orders.
- Expedite progress payment certificates, final payment certificates and all extra work orders as per contract.
- Calculate all productivity and material yields.
- Arrange and conduct construction field services as required.
- Maintain diary for each project on a daily basis.
- Employees may also be assigned other work as required.
Educational & Experience Criteria:
- Current enrollment with an accredited, post-secondary institution for Civil Engineering, Civil Engineering Technologist or Civil Engineering Technician.
- Must possess a valid, ‘G’/Class 5 driver’s license.
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and strong commitment to achieving goals and objective.
- Focused on details, highly organized and works effectively with shifting priorities and rapid change.
- Effectively examines events, issues and problems to generate optimal solutions in a timely manner.
- Communicates with impact and creates an environment in which people communicate openly and honestly.
- Fosters teamwork and cooperation with a strong ability to work with a highly functional team of experts.
- Strong computer skills.
- Standard 50 hours per week.
- Possibility of night work or weekend work based on operational requirements.
- Travel to/from/within jobsite(s).
Stay in touch with the latest on industry news and new opportunities. Follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook or visit our website for more information: http://www.crhcanada.com
CRH Canada Group Inc. recognizes Canada’s diverse landscape. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process.