h a team on projects big and small, playing an integral part as we stand together to reinvent the way our world is built.
If you’re someone that likes to see the visible results of your hard work each day, working outdoors, running equipment and being a part of building something, this is the career path for you. Limited experience? No worries! We’ll assist with training to provide you with the skills you need to be successful. If you’ve got the drive, we’ll help you to reach your goals.
Wage: $https://18.00-$https://29.97/hr DOE w/ potential for overtime. Work could include Davis Bacon Wages and Non-Davis Bacon Wages
- Generous Paid Time Off
- 401k with Roth option & 5% Company Match
- Profit Sharing
- 9 Paid Holidays (8 Static and 1 Floating)
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Short- & Long-Term Disability
- Potential for Overtime
- Opportunities for Internal Mobility
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Training Provided
- Earn More with our Employee Referral Program
- Company Discounts on products, goods, services, electronics, automotive, travel & more!
- Opportunities for Community Engagement
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Operate equipment safely and efficiently by utilizing equipment within its designed parameters.
- Operate ground compactors, level out and rake dirt, set string markers, and remove items within the area to be paved.
- Set up fencing, barricades, and/or safety cones to block off the work area as needed.
- Prepare manhole covers, openings and water lines. May insert risers as needed.
- Walk behind paver machine to shovel and rake asphalt as it is applied to the ground. Level out asphalt with rake and use shovel to dig out manhole covers and water valve boxes that are buried by the asphalt.
- May assist with operating equipment as needed and if trained including paver, roller, backhoe, water truck, front end loader, excavator, backhoe, skidsteer, etc.
- Use various equipment, hand and power tools.
- Pick up and/or deliver construction materials at job site locations.
- Perform job site clean-up.
- Assist with flagging and traffic control as needed.
- Perform minor servicing and maintenance or refer major problems to the supervisor.
- Keep all tools and equipment cleaned and maintained.
- Keep time and material records.
- Travel to and from various locations.
- Routinely assist other members of the work force in different areas of production.
- Take action to avoid potential hazards or obstructions.
- Other tasks and duties as assigned to meet business needs.
- Regular and timely attendance.
- Participate in and promote an inclusive work environment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disability to perform the essential functions.
- Must have a current and valid driver’s license.
- Safety minded professional who demonstrates good performance, attendance, and punctuality.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to work well with others in a group or one on one setting.
- Must pass pre-employment physical exam and pre-employment controlled substance testing.
- Must have current authorization to work in the United States
- Previous related experience in the construction field is a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee is frequently required to sit, climb, and use hands to signal and handle equipment.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, crawl, kneel, bend, and reach with hands and arms above their shoulders.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move anywhere up to 50-75 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; outside weather conditions; and extreme cold and/or heat.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A diverse and inclusive culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Helena Sand & Gravel, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.