Job ID: 484054
The Shelly Company, a CRH company, is a vertically integrated supplier of aggregates, asphalt, ready mix concrete and paving services throughout the state of Ohio. Our commitment to quality drives us to use the most modern, efficient and environmentally friendly technology in our industry. The Shelly Company is known throughout the industry for innovation, quality and for our commitment to safety.
Responsible for supervising construction and paving crews. The direction and scheduling of necessary resources to ensure proper coordination and completion of projects is essential. Safety is a core value of the Shelly Company, and as such the Superintendent will hold the safety of his/her workforce in as high of regard as production goals. Project progression meetings and look ahead schedules will be necessary components to job readiness and timely completion of projects. It is expected that a 100 percent of time will be spent in the field to coordinate crews and confirm compliance with customer specifications and company goals. The Superintendent will assure that all direct reports fulfill their requirements as assigned in the appropriate Job Descriptions and Accountabilities statements. The goals of this position would be to insure all crews meet safety, quality, workmanship and production standards.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
The duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
· Oversee and direct operations of paving and construction crews, including personnel, equipment, trucking and materials.
· Ensure job site is in full compliance with federal and state regulations, including OSHA, MSHA, DEP, etc.
· Supervise and direct crews of various size to ensure proper placement of resources.
· Review job quality and insure 100% Pay for all items of work and no rework. Daily Productivity: Scheduling, Staffing, Project Review, Equipment and Trucking issues.
· Keep open and honest communications with all affected by daily job duties.
· Satisfy customer needs, follow up on all complaints and project a positive company image at all times.
· Enforce company safety rules and conduct safety meetings, including tool box talks; ensure facilities are operating in a safe manner.
· Identify and resolve regulatory, safety, personnel, and production problems in a timely and effective manner.
· Complete required daily reporting.
· Maintain proper job records such as weekly schedules and sub-contractor planning, etc.
· Maintain strong customer and supplier relationships.
· Must have familiarity with ODOT and heavy highway work
· Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors, and the general public at all times.
· Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
· Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
· Report to the assigned job site ready to begin work at the designated start time.
· Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Manual of Safety Practices and Procedures.
· Strict adherence to Shelly Company policies and procedures as outlined in the Company Book of Policies.
· Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
· Timely and regular attendance is an expectation of performance for all Shelly Company employees. Employees will be held accountable for adhering to their workplace schedule.
Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the company policies, procedures, and applicable laws.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Planning, assigning, and directing work.
· Willingness to develop subordinates’ technical and leadership skills and make recommendations for new job opportunities when appropriate.
· Effective management of employee performance through coaching, feedback (written and verbal), rewards, and discipline when necessary.
· Addressing complaints and resolving problems in a timely manner.
· Ability to get work done through others using effective delegation, scheduling, and time management practices.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from four-year College or technical school; or four to six years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Proficient with Windows, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively to customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move more than 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts and in outside weather conditions and is regularly exposed to wet, humid condition airborne particles, and extreme heat or cold. The employee is occasionally exposed to vibration.
The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud and may require protective equipment.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What CRH Offers You
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
The Shelly Company, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.