Job ID: 485897
Staker Parson Companies, a CRH company, is a member of the CRH West Division; Our purpose, commitment to the future, and formula for growth is to champion the safety, empowerment, and development of our employees. We strive to be the preferred source of quality sand, rock, landscape products, ready-mixed concrete, asphalt, paving and construction services. We succeed as a team by embracing integrity, mutual respect, innovation, service, sustainability, and financial strength.
This is a skilled position where the employee will oversee the drilling and blasting operations within the Mountain West Region including analyzing blasting plans, reviewing blast performance metrics, and communicating opportunities for improvement to D&B vendors and quarry operators. This includes collaborating with the other D&B Engineers, Aggregates Division Performance Committee & associated Operating Companies (OpCo’s), Strategic Sourcing, and Industry Associations to manage our drilling and blasting strategy.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The person will lead the consistent execution, communication, and sustainability of the Aggregates Drilling and Blasting Program, to include:
- Safety of all personnel working within the business unit.
- Safety and environmental stewardship of sites in the business unit.
- Travel to remote job sites.
- Work with operations teams to ensure Drill and Blast Safety Guidelines and KPIs are identified and are in place to ensure both safety and efficiency.
- Analyze the drill and blast process, provide data to operations and drilling personnel, implement changes as needed for optimal operating conditions in terms of safety, blast efficiency and production rates.
- Review drilling and blasting costs, production and activity reports, and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement.
- Measure implementation of all regulatory and corporate programs and policies, prepare documentation to drive evidence-based decisions for continuous improvement.
- Assist aggregate resource development, reserve, and reclamation analysis.
- Assist supervisors and foremen when needed with their operations.
- Production reporting quality control.
- Assist in managing production and product yields analysis from the drill and blast process.
- Develop and ensure compliance with mine planning.
- Work cooperatively with other area management to accomplish goals.
- Ensure that Staker Parson Companies is the Preferred Source and an industry-leader in the area served by the business unit.
- Other duties as assigned per supervisor.
- High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Minimum 5 years of practical drilling and blasting work experience.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures required by MSHA and company policies.
- Working knowledge of various blasting design & monitoring tools such as 3-D Laser profiling, 3-D photogrammetry, bore tracking, and seismographs.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Proven ability to develop relationships and to work with teams as both a leader and a participant.
- High level of proficiency with all Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- FAA Part 107 Remote Pilot Rating or ability to obtain within 6 months of hire.
- Experience with GPS survey equipment.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Bachelor’s degree (https://B.S. or https://B.E.) from four-year college or university, Engineering preferred.
- Held or possess a valid blasting license within North America.
- Working knowledge of Strayos or 3GSM blast design software
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD Civil and Carlson software
- Working knowledge of Trimble survey equipment
- Working knowledge of basic survey and land use concepts including coordinate systems.
- Demonstrate ability to influence business leaders, balancing drive for continuous improvement with respect of local company culture and processes.
- Strong oral/written communication, presentation and listening skills.
- Extensive business acumen in aggregate operations.
- Hands-on collaborative approach.
- Be able to coach and develop others; share his/her knowledge.
- Display strong change/process management and workflow analysis skills.
- Ability to build effective teams across multiple companies and business lines.
- Ability to build productive relationships and work well in a team.
- Action oriented and drive for results
- Drive root cause analysis and creative problem solving.
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and facilitate change.
- Strong values and high standards of ethics, integrity, and trust.
- Strong negotiation and project management skills.
- Manage vision and purpose.
- Travel up to 50% of the time, typically near the Wasatch Front.
- Must be 18 years in age or older.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Individuals are required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by MSHA. Protective equipment that may be required, but not limited to, for this position is: Hard Hat, Safety Glasses, Safety (hard toe) Shoes, Gloves, and High Visibility Apparel.
- Compliance with all MSHA and company regulations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Able to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to manipulate objects or controls, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk and hear.
- Vision abilities (with correction) include close, distance, peripheral, depth, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Must be able to hold weights of 5-10lbs in a stretched arm position for extended periods of time.
- Able to climb ladders or stairs and to work at heights.
- Able to stand on hard surfaces for extended periods of time.
Industrial plant sites and quarries, normal office working conditions.
- Able to work in all weather conditions.
- Ability to drive up to 8 hours for onsite services and meetings.
- The position may require work outside of normal business hours in response to critical incidents or business-impacting project deliverables.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; extreme cold and extreme heat; and risk of electrical shock or burn.
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee may be occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- The noise level in some areas of the work environment may be loud but is typically moderate.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A diverse and inclusive culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Staker Parson Companies, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.