Job ID: 486386
APAC Central Inc., is a CRH company producing and providing crushed aggregate materials, sand, ready-mix concrete, asphalt, and performing as a regional heavy highway/infrastructure construction firm serving Arkansas, Oklahoma, and southern Missouri. APAC-Central, Inc. and its founding companies have been serving our customers since early in the 20th Century and look forward to continued success in the 21st Century!
This is a multi-role position that will have you shadowing various crews in the field to start, assisting your direct supervisor in various facets, and moving toward a Quality Management role that will deal with tracking quantities, frequent job costing, testing materials when needed, reporting quantities, and keeping all stake-holders informed of job progress/needs. Mainly, the intention of this role will be to gather necessary experience from the field.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Spend time with various crews in different aspects of our business (Grading, Concrete, Paving, Plant, & Quality Control) to gain field experience.
- Travel to job sites as needed in a company vehicle.
- Review and understand construction plans and documents.
- Execute take-offs and estimates of construction projects to understand the details and resources of each project.
- Initiate and maintain positive relationships with owner, contractors, subcontractors, suppliers, and engineers.
- Track quantities, schedules, and costs through all phases of a project.
- Thorough job costing and signing off on pay estimates.
- Various types of testing (base rock, concrete, and dirt) as needed, and reporting those test results via Excel to Oracle in a timely manner.
- Generate various reports required by immediate supervisor.
- Perform work required per supervisor’s instruction.
- Effectively manage the needs of APAC-Central, Inc. the project, and the customer in the best possible manner.
- Manage financial aspects of contracts including payment, expenses, change orders, actual vs. budget cost, etc.
- Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures.
- Properly follow all company policies and OSHA/MSHA regulations for safe working procedures and environment. Report any problems to the Superintendent, Safety Manager, or Human Resources Manager.
- Develop an environment that encourages quality products and services to the customer.
- Regular and predictable attendance at assigned times is required.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management or related field or equivalent in training and experience.
- Valid state driver’s license and satisfactory driving record is required.
- Three to five years of experience in DOT/Heavy Highway construction estimating and project management is preferred.
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Must be efficient in industry computer software including scheduling, estimating, on-screen takeoffs, web-based programs, and spreadsheets.
- May be required to earn certifications in material testing.
- Ability to effectively prioritize assignments to meet long-term and short-term deadlines.
- Must be 18 years in age or older.
- Must pass pre-employment physical, drug screen and criminal background check.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Must maintain current driver’s license that meets state requirements.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Individuals are required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and/or MSHA. Protective equipment that may be required, but not limited to, for this position is: Face Shield, Safety (hard toe) Shoes, and Coveralls.
- Compliance with all OSHA and/or MSHA regulations.
- Demonstrated commitment to achieving the organization’s goals and objective.
- High ethical standards.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to work with suppliers.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks effectively with a focus on timeliness and responsiveness.
- Ability to deal with the public in a pleasant, courteous, and calm manner in all circumstances.
- Ability to write reports, document findings, and procedures, and effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to work under pressure and be multi-task oriented.
- Capable of utilizing the internet effectively for research and evaluation.
- Ability to drive change and sell new concepts and approaches through persistence, self-motivation, energy, tenacity, follow-through, and commitment.
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written).
- Understanding of procurement’s impact on financial results.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Able to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to manipulate objects, talk and hear.
- Able to stand or sit for long periods of time
- Able to stretch, bend, lift (up to 60lbs) repetitively, push, pull, shovel, walk, stand and squat to assist crews.
- Vision abilities (with correction) include close, distance, peripheral, depth, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee is frequently required to sit.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, bend, and reach with hand and arms above their shoulders.
- Standard working office and construction site environment.
- The noise level in some areas of the work environment may be loud but is typically moderate.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A diverse and inclusive culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
APAC Central Inc., a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.