Job ID: 485382
Oldcastle APG, a CRH company, is a leading global supplier of building and landscaping products. Its product portfolio includes hardscapes and masonry, packaged cement mixes, lawn and garden materials, and composite decking sold through a variety of channels for residential and commercial use. Oldcastle APG is the leading producer of hardscapes in North America and Europe and the innovator behind many of the industry’s well-known brands: Belgard hardscapes, Echelon masonry, Sakrete bagged dry mixes, and MoistureShield composite decking. With over 260 operating locations and approximately 8,500 employees, Oldcastle APG operates across 7 countries in the https://U.S., Canada, and Europe.
This position requires operating a forklift in a rugged 50+ acre outdoor, paved and unpaved environment. The successful candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced, covered and uncovered manufacturing facility.
- Operate stretch wrap machines, film roll up-enders, and extended boom arm forklift equipment
- Organize product on the yard according to inventory procedures
- Safely load product onto and unload product from flatbeds and box trailers
- Validate packing slips, ship tickets, and other delivery documentation by auditing, recording and interpreting shipping documentation, weights & measures, labels and production schedules
- Other duties and responsibilities related to the nature of the job may be assigned on a temporary or permanent basis as needed
- At least 2 years’ experience operating 6,000 lb forklift in an outdoor yard environment
- High school diploma or GED, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Ability to perform routine inspection, fueling & preventive maintenance duties (lubrication, cleaning, battery change)
- Ability to read and write in English
- Math, communication, and comprehension skills to interface with transportation, dispatch, & direct trailer hitch operations
- Ability to successfully pass internal Forklift Certification Training and demonstrate safety procedures
- Able to perform job tasks in sometimes dusty, hot and/or cold working conditions
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to speak or hear
- The employee will be required to sit for extended periods of time
- The employee may frequently stand on their feet
- The employee must have the ability to lift and/or move up to 65 lbs. from the ground level. The need to lift over 65 lbs. may arise from time to time – should this be the case, employees should engage in team lifting and/or use the provided equipment to safely lift
- The employee must have the capability to perform physical activities that require considerable use of arms, legs, and your whole body – bending, crouching, climbing - using steps and ladders, pushing pulling, stooping and reaching
What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A diverse and inclusive culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Oldcastle APG, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.