Job ID: 487067
The Shelly Company, a CRH company, is a vertically integrated supplier of aggregates, asphalt, ready mix concrete and paving services throughout the state of Ohio. Our commitment to quality drives us to use the most modern, efficient and environmentally friendly technology in our industry. The Shelly Company is known throughout the industry for innovation, quality and for our commitment to safety.
Engineering Department Summer Internship
The Shelly Company
Actual duties and functions may vary depending on the interests of the intern and needs of the department.
- Participate in exploratory drilling and assist with logging cores.
- Assist with Electrical Resistivity Imaging (ERI) hardware and use data collected to estimate preliminary understanding of deposit.
- Review exploratory drilling logs and collaborate with others to determine location, size, accessibility, and estimated volumes of deposits.
- Assist in determining short-range and long-range planning designs using mine planning software.
- Fly drone for mine planning, inventory management, topography mapping, and stripping calculations
- Use drone company software to measure inventory piles.
- Assist with Quality Control / Quality Assurance assessments.
- Use GPS to stake out locations and/or store points to be used for future designs.
- Shadow operations, safety, and/or performance personnel at aggregate sites
- Assist with Drilling and Blasting tasks including flying drone, using GPS to create driller report, and using software to create 3D blast profile.
- Present to stakeholders from various departments.
- Detect safety hazards and respond accordingly.
- Adhere to any and all state and federal regulations, if applicable, as set forth by the US Department of Transportation (DOT), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA), or any other regulatory agency
Ideal Candidates Qualifications:
- Must be currently enrolled in an industry-related college degree program and maintain a minimum GPA of https://2.75
- Must pass pre-employment physical, drug screen, and criminal background check.
- Must maintain current driver’s license that meets state requirements.
- Must have or be willing to obtain MSHA New Miner Training and FAA Part 107 Certification for sUAV Operator.
- Must have the ability to work without close supervision as well as ability to work with a team.
- Must have high ethical standards as well as strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must be capable of utilizing the internet effectively for research and evaluation.
- Must be competent with Microsoft Office and/or similar programs.
- Must have excellent communication skills (both oral and written)
- Must have personal mobile phone and personal vehicle capable of driving to sites.
- Summer housing
- Compensation for work-related mileage
- Laptop with student license for mine planning software
- Required Personal Protective Equipment including steel-toed boots.
- Fees for FAA Part 107 Certification for sUAV Operator test
What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A diverse and inclusive culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
The Shelly Company, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.