tion which may have a competitive or intellectual property value to the company, or its customers is expected. This position reports to the lab administrator.
At Ash Grove Cement, people are our first priority. We offer a complete benefits package to include:
Dental Insurance Vision Insurance
401k with company match and profit-sharing
Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, Paid Sick Time
Employee Assistance Program
Growth Opportunities and more!
What you’ll be contributing:
- Promote and follow all plant safety guidelines.
- Additional duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Follow safety protocols and guidelines while handling materials and equipment
- Maintain cleanliness of the warehouse and keep it well organized
- Receive, inspect, and store incoming materials and equipment. Report any damaged, expired, or defective items, and coordinate their disposal or replacement
- Ensure that all materials received at the tech center is accurately logged in the lab information management system, and timely distributed according to requests and project requirements
- Implement efficient storage practices, including proper labeling and categorization, to facilitate easy access to materials and relevant information
- Monitor inventory levels, reorder supplies and consumables when necessary to prevent shortage disruptions
- Follow the sample retention policy to update materials inventory and clean-up to-do-list
- Prepare packing and shipping paperwork (domestic and international shipments) for outbound samples and equipment to collaborators, vendor and customers in a timely manner
- Keep detailed records of all inventory transactions, including receipts, distributions, and disposals
- Coordinate maintenance and repairs of equipment with relevant personnel or service providers
- Provide support to laboratory technicians, engineers, and researchers by preparing materials, and assisting with general laboratory and technical tasks
- Work on any other duties needed to help drive technical center initiatives, and abide by our organization's values
To succeed in this position, you will need:
- High school graduation or equivalent is required
- College educational background, and work experience in a lab environment preferred
- Ability to read, write and understand warning labels, instructions, signs, etc. Willingness to learn, training will be provided
- Previous experience in warehouse management or a similar role is advantageous
- Possession of a valid Forklift driver’s license is desirable
- Basic knowledge of storage management practices and procedures
- Familiarity with safety standards and the ability to work safely with materials and equipment
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and accuracy in record-keeping
- Good communication skills for interactions with team members and external suppliers
- Physical capability to lift and move heavy objects (up to 50 pounds), as well as operate material handling equipment such as pallet jack and/or forklift
- Customer focused and demonstrated teamwork attitude
- Demonstrated willingness to respond promptly to internal and external needs
- Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills
- Self-motivated to perform with minimum supervision, with fast learning potential
- Accept change of priorities positively
- Report to work punctually
What’s next for you?
We provide stability and advancement opportunities across North America. Use our tuition reimbursement program to help you meet your career goals.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. The employee will be required to follow all job instructions of his/her supervisor and to perform other work assignments related to plant operations that are not inconsistent with the current labor contract, past practices, or safety policies.
What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A diverse and inclusive culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Ash Grove Cement, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.