s, jobsites, and distribution yards. This position comes with consistent work and a growing company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Transport masonry, bagged concrete, and hardscapes materials to customers
- Make assigned deliveries in a safe and timely manner
- Assist and supervise loading of truck to ensure proper order and weight distribution
- Unloading could include operating boom cranes and truck mounted forklifts
- Receive from dispatcher invoice for materials, directions to job site and any special instructions and follow them to the detail
- Maintain complete and accurate records such as drivers' daily truck log, fuel tickets, delivery documentation, and any other required documents according to state and federal regulations
- Maintain good customer relations
- Perform pre-trip inspections of assigned vehicle and report immediately any concerns or problems
- Obtain shipping bills and necessary signatures and return completed paperwork to the shipping department
- Operate tractor-trailer/vehicle according to state and federal laws and observing all safety regulations established by the company and the Department of Motor Vehicles
- Survey job site and unload cargo in the best area available in a safe manner
- Inventory and inspect goods to be moved to determine quantities/items match paperwork and condition is safe for transport
- Monitor and immediately report problems with assigned equipment operations, product quality, customer satisfaction, and traffic
- Other duties and responsibilities related to the nature of the job may be assigned on a temporary or permanent basis as needed
Requirements / Education / Experience
- High school diploma / equivalent
- Must have CDL A
- Must have at least 2 years of current CDL experience
- Safe driving record
- Valid Medical Card
- Must have good communication skills
- Able to work in team environment
- Ability to lift or move up to 50 pounds
- Required DOT yearly physical
- Employee is frequently required to climb in and out of trucks, moffett, and other equipment
- Perform general physical activities requiring considerable use of your arms, legs and moving your whole body, such as: climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials
- Other physical demands include sitting, walking, standing, bending, stretching, using hands and fingers to hold, grasp, push, and lift items
- A portion of work time is spent in a tractor trailer truck which requires extended amounts of sitting and operating a vehicle according to DOT guidelines
- Position will also require working in warehouse and production areas where temperatures can range from cool to hot and noise level can be moderate to high
What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A diverse and inclusive culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Oldcastle APG, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.