paving and other equipment by performing the following duties
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Operates and inspects machines or equipment to diagnose defects.
· Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts using hoists and hand tools.
· Examines form and texture of parts to detect imperfections.
· Inspects used parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements
· Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments.
· Repairs or replaces defective parts.
· Installs special functional and structural parts in devices.
· Lubricates and cleans parts.
· Starts devices to test their performance.
· Welds broken parts and structural members.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disability to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
Ability to add, subtract, multiple and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is frequently required to sit, climb, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, crawl, kneel, bend, and reach with hands and arms above their shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move from 10 to 30 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
What CRH Offers You
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Midsouth Paving, Inc., a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.