Job ID: 478378
Pennsy Supply is a CRH company. CRH is the leading vertically integrated supplier of asphalt, aggregates, cement, ready-mix concrete, and paving and construction services in North America. Our 24,100 employees at 1,300 operating locations provide our customers with top-quality, innovative products and services.
Mobile Maintenance Electrician
Summary of Position
This position will work as needed repairing and maintaining electrical equipment in the aggregate, ready-mix and hot-mix asphalt plants for Pennsy Supply in the central Pennsylvania area. The successful applicant must have at least five years’ experience in the electrical trade, working in industrial /commercial environments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for own personal safety at all times. As well as, maintain the highest standard of safety and quality in all aspects of the job.
- Be able to identify any associated risks, and how to implement appropriate controls. Risk assessment is a mandatory skill.
- Install new electrical systems using 480V and/or 120V and 24V circuits including control and switchgear cabinets, conduits, wiring, and terminations.
- Troubleshoot existing electrical equipment and systems wired in 480V/120V/24V.
- Repair and maintain existing electrical equipment.
- Electrical testing and calibration
- Ability to track, record, and maintain official records of work completed as per Federal and State requirements.
- Monitor work area and surroundings during task completion and machinery operation.
- Maintain operator logs, forms and records in accordance with company policy regulations.
- Detect and report improper operation, faulty equipment, defective materials and unusual conditions to immediate supervisor or appropriate plant supervisor.
- Safely maintain work area and vehicle in a clean and orderly condition.
- Ability to be self-motivated.
- Must submit to a background check and drug test.
- Must have a valid drivers’ license.
- Report to the assigned job site ready to begin work at the designated start time,
- Strict adherence to the Pennsy Supply, Inc. Safety Manual.
- Strict adherence to the Pennsy Supply, Inc. policies and procedures as outlined in the employee handbook.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as assigned.
- Contribute to a pleasant and positive work atmosphere where all team members feel important and responsible
- Adapt to the diverse needs of a small team and address internal and external demands with flexibility and creativity
- High School Diploma or GED as a minimum.
- Formal Training and a minimum of 5 years working as an Industrial/Commercial Electrician.
- License as a Journeyman Electrician, tested on National Electrical Code perferred.
- Able to read and understand complex Industrial Electrical Drawings and Wiring Diagrams.
- Ability to operate forklifts and manlifts. Training can be provided.
- Familiarity with PLC operations preferred.
EOE / M / F / Vet / Disability
What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A diverse and inclusive culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Pennsy Supply, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.