Job ID: 483615
Oldcastle APG, a CRH company, is a leading global supplier of building and landscaping products. Its product portfolio includes hardscapes and masonry, packaged cement mixes, lawn and garden materials, and composite decking sold through a variety of channels for residential and commercial use. Oldcastle APG is the leading producer of hardscapes in North America and Europe and the innovator behind many of the industry’s well-known brands: Belgard hardscapes, Echelon masonry, Sakrete bagged dry mixes, and MoistureShield composite decking. With over 260 operating locations and approximately 8,500 employees, Oldcastle APG operates across 7 countries in the https://U.S., Canada, and Europe.
Oldcastle APG’s Operations Performance Team’s goal is to convert APG into a world class manufacturing operation, driving operational improvement and employee engagement. The Operational Performance Lead is an integral role that supports all operations performance initiatives at the company level to maximize efficiency. You will work closely with various local and national teams to identify areas of improvement, establish goals, develop and implement action plans, as well as lead the implementation of new processes and technologies. The OPL is a full-time hands-on, dedicated influencer, focused on delivering Oldcastle’s Operations Performance System (OPS) and driving improvements across sites at each company.
This is an excellent opportunity for candidates who are data driven, able to formulate and execute plans, provide positive influence, coach Site Managers, work well in a group environment and passionate about continuous improvement.
- Lead and support a culture of continuous improvement throughout the organization
- Leverage reporting tools to continually monitor performance, identify gaps and put action plans in place to improve. Work directly with site leadership to execute plans
- Collaborate with site leaders, operators, and other stakeholders to implement and monitor OPS tools at local companies across initiatives such as Vorne, Maintenance Connection, Machine Health Monitoring and other tools to be developed
- Lead cross-functional teams in the implementation of process improvements
- Support OPS network by sharing best practices and providing updates through OPS connectivity events
- Liaison between Operations Performance Team and own company sites, responsible for troubleshooting issues / communicating changes
- Provide OPS orientation, training and coaching to site leadership as required
- Lead training sessions on OPS tools and best practices
- Attend and contribute to OPS meeting and conferences
- Coach site on developing SOPs
- Drive additional operations improvements projects locally including – but not limited to:
- Problem solving local production / equipment challenges
- Support capital improvement projects
- Streamline site(s) processes – analyze each site, define the bottlenecks for each production line, build and execute a plan with the site to increase production efficiency
- Implement future OPS solutions yet to be developed
- Conduct frequent site visits and support continuous improvement efforts by enforcing the 5 Fundamentals through leading by example, conducting audits and supporting action item execution
- Assist sites in maintaining their maintenance program by supporting their 52-week maintenance program utilizing tools such as Maintenance Connection (CMMS) and Machine Health Monitoring
- Monitor process changes and adjust as needed to ensure desired outcomes are achieved
- Identify and resolve issues or obstacles that may impede project success
- Other duties may be assigned as needed
Requirements/Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred in relevant field including engineering, management/ finance, IT or 5+ years of experience in the manufacturing field
- 3+ years of demonstrated track record of driving improvements in operations related field
- Very strong analytical skills, ability to analyze volumes of data, synthesize and communicate critical findings
- Communication skills that will work with both frontline manufacturing environment and an executive team
- Manufacturing/industrial environment experience desired
- Must be able to travel up to 50% of the time within a designated region including some overnight stays
What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A diverse and inclusive culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Oldcastle APG, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.