Job ID: 486980
United Companies, is a CRH Company. Our purpose, commitment to the future, and formula for growth is to champion the safety, empowerment, and development of our employees. We strive to be The Preferred Source of quality sand, rock, landscape products, ready-mixed concrete, asphalt, paving and construction services. We succeed as a team by embracing integrity, mutual respect, innovation, service, sustainability, and financial strength.
The Parts Specialist will be responsible for ordering and purchasing automotive parts and maintaining parts inventory and records. Duties involve working with a number of mechanics and shop foremen.
Wage ranges from $https://19.00 to $https://22.00 per hour dependent on experience.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Manage and complete all parts ordering: Order parts based on initial estimates and supplements utilizing the company prescribed ordering platform. Communicate with parts vendors to order parts needed. Partner with Equipment Manager and Foreperson’s to ensure parts accuracy.
- Monitor deliveries: Track parts status. Update Equipment Manager and Foreperson’s.
- Receive and check in all delivered parts daily to ensure all parts are accounted for. Check quality and mirror match parts to damaged parts. Ensure all parts received are tagged with the appropriate work order number.
- Monitor all parts of stockroom and perform regular cycle count and ensure compliance to all safety regulations.
- Maintain and update knowledge on all parts and products and design all purchase orders to obtain required parts from vendors.
- Initiate parts return to vendor immediately if the part is incorrect. Complete all daily returns.
- Ensure all parts, invoices and credits are posted as they are received, and all are posted daily.
- Maintain neat and orderly work area to promote an efficient and quality driven process.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- 2 years of related experience in ordering automotive parts; or any equivalent combination of training and experience preferred.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Must be 18 years in age or older.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License.
- Must pass pre-employment physical, drug screen and criminal background check.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Willingness to work independently within in a team environment and assist the team with other duties as required.
- Must be willing to travel.
Knowledge of automotive parts and automotive industry.
Strong skill in maintaining inventory of parts.
A working understanding of order fulfillment.
Outstanding communication skills, written and verbal, excellent interpersonal skills to foster interaction within all levels of the organization, clients and subcontractors.
Ability to plan and manage multiple projects to meet deadlines and ability to prioritize these projects.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to needs.
- Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Planning/Organizing - Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
- Initiative - Asks for and offers help when needed; able to consistently work independently.
- Innovation - Generates suggestions for improving work.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, or listen.
- The employee is frequently required to sit, climb, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, crawl, kneel, bend, and reach with hands and arms above their shoulders.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move from 35 to 50 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A diverse and inclusive culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
United Companies, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.