Job ID: 487174
https://P.J. Keating Company, a CRH company, is a leading manufacturer of aggregate and HMA products and Paving and Construction in Massachusetts and Rhode Island. We operate aggregate and Hot Mix Asphalt (HMA) production facilities in Acushnet, Dracut, and Lunenburg, Massachusetts as well as Cranston, Rhode Island. Our modern facilities, veteran paving crews, experienced construction management team and large investment in plants and equipment make us one of the largest and most efficient producers in the state of Massachusetts as well as one of only two RIDOT approved stone suppliers in the state of Rhode Island.
Are you looking for opportunities and benefits of a large corporation with a small company feel? Then https://P.J. Keating Company and CRH is the company for you! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today!
Operates paver in a safe, efficient, and proper manner to achieve a quality finished product in the paving process.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Performs daily maintenance of equipment as follows:
- Inspect the machine carefully for evidence of physical damage (cracking, bending, or deformation of plates or welds).
- Check for loose, broken, or missing parts such as screed attachments and extensions, nuts, bolts, etc.
- Check the level of all fluids brake, fuel, transmission, power steering, engine coolant, hydraulic system, etc.
- Inspect various systems (fuel, hydraulic, cooling, etc.) for leaks.
- Inspect all plugs, filler caps, and fittings for signs of leaking.
- Arrange for the repair of leaks as necessary.
- Inspect tires/tracks for cuts, bulges, irregularities, and excessive or abnormal wear. Check for proper inflation.
- Ensure that tow arms, screed, and flow gates are adjusted properly to maintain the appropriate head of material, angle of attack, and depth of mix in augers.
- Complete all company-required paperwork in a timely and accurate manner.
- Be aware of the distance from the plant and the number of trucks on a haul to pace the paver, accordingly, ensuring continuous paver operation. Work closely with Foreperson and roller package to adjust speed to achieve continuous paving.
- Operate paver efficiently including, but not limited to the following tasks: hopper management, straight line paving, and ensuring that material dumped in the hopper is placed in a proper manner. Work with drivers to ensure that material is discharged into the hopper in appropriate amounts.
- Maintain complete command of the machine and surrounding operations at all times.
- Moves levers to control the forward and backward motion of the machine.
- Moves levers and depresses pedals to maneuver speed.
- Communicate with Screed Operator to avoid stop-and-go paving and ensure smooth transitions on stopping and taking off points.
- Keep equipment clean to promote a positive public image and increase the ability to inspect the equipment at close range.
- Ability to follow directions.
- Ability to operate, or willingness to learn to operate, all types of pavers.
- Be familiar with and ensure proper and timely completion of equipment/vehicle condition report (LMP-68)
- Ability and willingness to assist the paving crew with various duties such as; shoveling and raking, luting running wheelbarrow and safely backing/dumping trucks into the paver when necessary.
- Adhere to all state and federal regulations, if applicable, as set forth by the US Department of Transportation (DOT), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA), or any other regulatory agency.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors, and the general public at all times.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Report to the assigned job site in uniform and ready to begin work at the designated start time.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Environmental, Health & Safety Manual.
- Strict adherence to https://P.J. Keating policies and procedures as outlined in the Employee Manual.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Less than high school education or equivalent (GED); one to three years related industry experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and dependable transportation to and from the job site.
What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
https://P.J. Keating Company, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.