Job ID: 485890
The Dolomite Group, a CRH Company, was founded in 1920 as an aggregate mining business. Over 100 years later, Dolomite continues to be the preferred supplier of Construction Aggregates, Hot Mix Asphalt, and Ready Mix Concrete for customers throughout the Greater Rochester Region and Southern Tier. Our high-quality Products, Culture of safety, and the strong dedication of our employees have always been the key to our success. If you're looking for a challenging, stable, and rewarding career in a thriving industry, apply today!
This is a skilled position involving the safe and efficient diagnose, adjust, repair plant equipment including, stone crushers, screens, conveyors, etc. Operate one or several types of equipment including the operation of an off road heavy duty truck, water truck, quarry truck and stock truck. Will also provide help in other areas of the aggregate production facility and other duties as assigned.
Compensation and Company Benefits:
- $21-$26 an hour. Wage will Commensurate with experience
- Annual increase potential
- Paid Time Off
- $1,000 Referral Bonuses
- Short- & long-term disability coverage (company sponsored)
- 401K with Roth option & competative company match
- Profit sharing
- Paid Holidays
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Opportunities for Internal Mobility
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Company Discounts on products, good, services, electronics, automotive, travel, & more
- Opportunities for community engagement
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Dismantle and reassemble heavy plant components using hoists and hand tools.
- Repair and replace damaged or worn parts.
- Learn and follow safety regulations
- Operate and inspect machines or heavy equipment to diagnose defects.
- Test mechanical products and equipment after repair or assembly to ensure proper performance and compliance with manufacturers' specifications.
- Clean, lubricate, and perform other routine maintenance work on equipment and vehicles.
- Read and understand operating manuals, blueprints, and technical drawings.
- Diagnose faults or malfunctions to determine required repairs, using diagnostic equipment such as computerized test equipment and calibration devices.
- Examine parts for damage or excessive wear, using micrometers and gauges.
- Perform routine maintenance such as changing oil, changing filters, taking oil samples, and lubricating equipment and machinery.
- Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and / or MSHA.
- Strict adherence to Dolomite policies and procedures as outlined in the Employee Manual. Ensure compliance with company policies or procedures for product transit or delivery
- Abide by Dolomite established Guiding Principles: Integrity, Communication, Recognition, Action and Results Oriented, Positive Attitude, Work Ethic, Growth and Development, and Commitment.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Environmental, Health & Safety Manual.
- Load and move dirt, rocks, equipment, or other materials, using trucks, crawler tractors, power cranes, shovels, graders, or related equipment.
- Regular and timely attendance
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Welding, torching, mechanically inclined, previous mining experience preferred
- A CDL is a plus
- Understanding of leadership skills and strong communication skills a plus
- Ability to promote and participate in team environment concepts
- Ability to understand written and oral direction and to communicate same with others
- Ability to work under pressure and within deadlines
- Ability to prioritize
- Strong organizational skills
- Self-motivation and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors, and the general public at all times.
- Be able to interact with vendors, plant employees, and different levels of management
- Maintain current driver’s license
- Hours are extended throughout the year to include nights and weekends when necessary
- Travel may be required
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to drive 40, 50, or 60 ton truck, an articulated stock truck or water truck for extended periods of time. The employee is frequently required to crawl, kneel, bend and reach with hands and arms above their shoulders. The employee is required to climb a vertical ladder into the vehicle. The employee must occasionally life and/ or move anywhere up to 50 lbs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Dolomite Products Co., Inc., a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.