Job ID: 486700
Oldcastle Infrastructure™, a CRH company, is the leading provider of utility infrastructure solutions for the water, energy, and communications markets throughout North America. We’re more than just a manufacturer of precast concrete, polymer concrete, or plastic products. We’re a trusted and strategic partner to engineers, contractors, distributors, specifiers, and more. With our network of more than 80 manufacturing facilities and more than 4,000 employees, we’re leading the industry with innovation and a safety-first mindset.
Job Description Summary
The Production Supervisor supervises the production workforce and processes to ensure safe and efficient production of OES products that meet quality standards and customer specifications. This is a 12-hour night shift position.
- Communicates with prior shift supervision to gather critical operations information including machine functionality, materials levels, and production data and priorities
- Leads shift huddles to share daily production information and safety topics to ensure alignment on production priorities and an efficient shift start
- Schedules and communicates machine assignments for production employees based on the production schedule, highest priority production needs and labor constraints
- Observes all production related operations to confirm machine functionality, appropriate volume of production and adherence to operational and safety procedures
- Identifies and proactively resolves safety concerns and enforces compliance to safety rules and practices
- Actively investigates and documents safety incidents to determine effective corrective actions
- Maintains current operations data, including production hours earned, machine downtime, material levels and labor records
- Assists Lead Operators with provision of the needed components and barcode labels as necessary
- Oversees the training of new employees on necessary safety and technical training to ensure efficient ramp up into production roles
- Maintains and communicates to human resources accurate employee attendance and performance information
- Authorizes work schedules for payroll
- Provides frequent updates on production and personnel to management, and proactively notifies management of any matters which may require immediate attention
- Associate’s degree or at least 4 years' supervisory experience is preferred
- Working experience with computer word processing and spreadsheets is preferred
- Ability to read and write reports, general communications
- Ability to figure and calculate amounts, such as percentages and volumes
- Ability to coach and develop others
- Knowledge of Microsoft Home Office
- Ability to drive results
- This job involves the following physical demands: Walking, standing, climbing, bending, stretching, using hands and fingers to hold, grasp, push, and lift items
- Ability to lift up to 40lbs
- Environmental conditions involve generally indoor work, but frequently around very hot equipment
- Job responsibilities involve occasional exposure to oil and grease
What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A diverse and inclusive culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Oldcastle Enclosure Solutions (OES), a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.