Job ID: 355739
Midsouth Paving, Inc., part of CRH’s South Division, is a leading supplier of quality asphalt and Construction Services in the Southeastern https://U.S., with operations in Alabama. Working with government agencies, private contractors, counties and municipalities, we produce millions of tons of quality construction materials and pave many miles of highways every year. Our highly skilled workforce strives to deliver the highest quality products and services in a safe, timely and efficient manner, on every project. Mid-South Paving, Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and an E-Verify Participant.
Quality Control Technician
Do you want to work for a company that values your skills? Do you want to work for a company that values safety above all else? Are you looking for opportunities and benefits of a large corporation with a small company feel? Then CRH is the company for you! Apply for the QC Technician position today and jump start your career with the CRH family.
The person in this role will provide inspection, field testing services (profilographing, density gauge reading,
asphalt core sampling, establishing roller patterns, etc.) for Asphalt Road Construction Projects.
• Abide by all Midsouth Safety Requirements
• Develop and maintain relationships with Road Crew, DOT, and Engineering Firm Personnel.
• Establish Rolling Patterns on Road Projects to achieve specified Hot Mix Density
• Take Nuclear or PQI Gauge Readings in an acceptable manner and record results in Log Book to
maintain Density Requirements
• Use Profilograph in an acceptable manner to collect data for Roadway Smoothness Specifications
• Use Core Drilling Machine in an acceptable manner to collect required Field Density Core Samples
• Evaluate results from test data and make changes as necessary to keep the process under control and
within specification limits.
• Prepare and record accurate information; maintain test results database when required.
• Maintain all testing equipment in a satisfactory manner, keeping track of any required documentation
for the equipment
• Transport all equipment safely to and from the jobsite.
• Work at various Midsouth Asphalt Plants as Quality Control Technician.
The ideal candidate will:
Pass pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
Pass a pre-employment “Fit for Work” physical.
Be able to provide valid documentation for the I-9 Immigration document.
Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors and the general public at all times.
Report to work at the designated start time.
Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
Be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
Be able to work overtime when required.
Be willing to work outdoors in extreme temperatures, both hot and cold.
Strictly adhere to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
Have the willingness to work in a team environment and assist co–workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and / or MSHA.
Be at least age 18 years of age due to nature of working environment.
Minimum high school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
Previous related experience in construction field is preferred.
What CRH Offers You
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Midsouth Paving, Inc., a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.